Just an Egg

best way to raise fry artificially?

last week a pair spawned, i moved the eggs to a 10L tank and dosed h2o2 at a rate of 10ml (3% soln) per 80L of water as advised by a friend

i placed an air stone near the eggs and repeated the h2o2 dose every 12 hours

after 2 days the eggs had a quick onset of fungus and i gave up

the pair spawned again today, the other appears to be fanning the eggs so i might let them look after this time but i'll be keeping a close eye on them.

if i do decide to remove again, does anyone have any advice on how they do it and get good results?

thanks, joel.

h202 is ok but a dose of meth blue works much better.
    heres my process for my manacaparu angels.

1/2 fill a tank with rain water
    add methblue at 5ml/20L
    put eggs in with an airstone NEAR (not with air bubbling over eggs just near enough that there is GENTLE water movement)
    wait till fry hatch
    once fry hatch start topping up with aged water at 10%/day makesure water is same temp.
    once fry start free swimming pump in freshly hatched BBS 3 times a day (boult 1-1.5ml at a time).
    every 48 hrs do a 15-20% water change
    once fry are 3-5days free swimming you can switch to frozen bbs.

once fry are 10-14 days free swimming supliment feed 1 with frozen beefheart mix, drop feed 2 and feed frozen bbs at night.

once fry are 21 days old feed once a day on beefheart mix.

if you notice runts or "dwarf" angels you can keep up the frozen bbs or just cull them out.

Just an Egg
    cheers for the run down, in your opinion is it the softness of the rainwater or the acidity that helps?

will have to get some meth blue next chance i get

Just an Egg
    hey i followed the instructions and all was going really well. the eggs were developing then overnight a fungus has wiped 75% out, they were due to hatch sometime this afternoon

do you do any water changes before they hatch?
    or add any more meth blue?

joel.

Clean the tank before you start also make sure you have gentle movement of water over the eggs. If the eggs go white in the first 36 hours they are infertile try and remove the white ones with a toothpick (a touch helps).
    5ml/20l is plenty of meth blue.
    Make sure rain water is same temp as the spawning tank.

Clean the tank before you start also make sure you have gentle movement of water over the eggs. If the eggs go white in the first 36 hours they are infertile try and remove the white ones with a toothpick (a touch helps).
    5ml/20l is plenty of meth blue.
    Make sure rain water is same temp as the spawning tank.

Just an Egg
    ok, the only thing i didn't do was remove the 10 infertile eggs... dang

thanks again for the advice, the pair are spawning weekly so ive gotta get it right one of these days... maybe i'll just let the parents do it

dude angels arnt discus, they wont feed the fry like discus do all they do is chase other fish away from them.

your best bet is to hatch the eggs in a seperate tank and leave the parents on their own.