Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Free Swimmer
    FWIW I use Bunnings play sand in one of my tanks and pool filter sand in the other. No discernible difference in PH or hardness (TDS, GH & KH).

But both tanks have water changes at same time and from same source.

Cheers,
    Scott

Just an Egg
    That's interesting to know Scott I must confess I have never used play sand before, but please consider that their is the potential problem. and that is that bunnings would have an inconsistent supply, meaning they would most likely source the sand from several supplier locations which makes it impossible to keep a standard throughout all their outlets, oils ain't oils & sand isn't always sand lol

To answer your question. Budde It's impossible to say because we don't know the concentration levels of what's in the sand. If you do large water changes weekly you may never see a problem .We use filter sand because from my experience it's mostly the same no matter where you buy it ,its a bit like a Big Mac burger, lol
    FinVision is an Ornamental fish Importer with approved AQIS QAP holding facility, importing AAA Discus from the World Famous IP Discus Farm, Owned and operated by Mr Tony Tan, world Champion winner many times over and his Business Partner Jeffrey Tan is also a World famous Discus Judge, Traveling the word to Judge all the Major Discus Shows with a large panel of other world class Judges. Contact FinVision
    Office 0243536330
    Mobile 0412477997
    brian@finvisionlive.com
    Web www.finvisionlive.com