Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pink angels

Just an Egg
    Scott I am not sure what the cost is,but what I can tell you is that they cant be imported into Australia because Bio Security Australia will not allow GM fish to be imported
    FinVision is an Ornamental fish Importer with approved AQIS QAP holding facility, importing AAA Discus from the World Famous IP Discus Farm, Owned and operated by Mr Tony Tan, world Champion winner many times over and his Business Partner Jeffrey Tan is also a World famous Discus Judge, Traveling the word to Judge all the Major Discus Shows with a large panel of other world class Judges. Contact FinVision
    Office 0243536330
    Mobile 0412477997
    brian@finvisionlive.com
    Web www.finvisionlive.com

Just an Egg
    so would they breed ? and what would they throw if they did lol come on jothy your getting slow in your old age !!!

PS off topic anyone got some platinium Angels for sale

I had some neon danios a couple of years back... same principle as the pink angels... genes from jelly fish etc

they were supposed to glow under a black light but i never tested them. they just looked good

yeah Jothy.... where the bloody hell are you?
    my Flickr photo page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27593184@N05/
    my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mattzilla5000#p/u
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>><( (((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Just an Egg
    [quote="Red Tail Shark"]so would they breed ? and what would they throw if they did lol come on jothy your getting slow in your old age !!!

Hi, they are only selling sterile Glow fish, not sure about the pink variants avalible fertility state, but the fish farm in question keeps a good supply of breeding stock. They are breeding them and they do throw the same trait
    FinVision is an Ornamental fish Importer with approved AQIS QAP holding facility, importing AAA Discus from the World Famous IP Discus Farm, Owned and operated by Mr Tony Tan, world Champion winner many times over and his Business Partner Jeffrey Tan is also a World famous Discus Judge, Traveling the word to Judge all the Major Discus Shows with a large panel of other world class Judges. Contact FinVision
    Office 0243536330
    Mobile 0412477997
    brian@finvisionlive.com
    Web www.finvisionlive.com

theres no reason they would not breed true unless they were chemically treated to destroy the reproducive system (the correct doses of hormones could do this by destroying the reproductive cells in the fish).

DNA is DNA regardless of species, if its spliced into the fish, so long as none of the genes that cause reproduction are inhibited they will breed.

Judging by the apperance of these fish they carry a double dose of the stripless gene (hence clear gill covers) Cal we have fish that are homozygous for this trait (your koi fry and a few others), if you wanted to get a pure colourless fish we could do that by crossing in the albinos but we wont be able splice in any genes, my lab isn' equipt for IVF style work.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSN
    theres no reason they would not breed true unless they were chemically treated to destroy the reproducive system (the correct doses of hormones could do this by destroying the reproductive cells in the fish).

DNA is DNA regardless of species, if its spliced into the fish, so long as none of the genes that cause reproduction are inhibited they will breed.

Judging by the apperance of these fish they carry a double dose of the stripless gene (hence clear gill covers) Cal we have fish that are homozygous for this trait (your koi fry and a few others), if you wanted to get a pure colourless fish we could do that by crossing in the albinos but we wont be able splice in any genes, my lab isn' equipt for IVF style work.
    lol
    my Flickr photo page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27593184@N05/
    my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mattzilla5000#p/u
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>><( (((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Interesting angels, they do seem to look like pink blushing's. It's truly interesting and they look amazing, though on the other hand not a fan of GM fish.
    yesterday was the past, tomorrow is the future and today is a gift - that's why they call it the present.