Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pink angels

Larvae

pink angels

Hi guys,
    Just thought I'd shock you all and direct your gaze to a video on utube of gm angels with more colours to come, what's next.

Just an Egg
    i personally think that this is a good thing, i fully understand anyones opinion that this creatre is an abomination.

but in a 'logical sense' gm fish will reduce the ammount of animal cruelty due to dipping and dyeing because its more commercially viable

besides its human nature to ruin nature

Just an Egg
    link would help i cant find any pink angelfish

Just an Egg

i think they have some sort of jellyfish gene, can't quite remember

Hi, I'm New Here!
    How do they achieve this?

several ways generally the spice in a gene from another species into the embryo of an anglefish.

these fish are beyond GM they are true transgenic having DNA from entirly diffrent species

Just an Egg
    hmm i think the photo i posted is actually dyed angels, this photo is the modified angels

i kind of like them... the second pic anyway
    my Flickr photo page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27593184@N05/
    my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mattzilla5000#p/u
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>><( (((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Just an Egg
    think these pink angels are fish from Taiwan, the same fish farm that developed the Glow in the dark angelfish. I think the glow feature was achieved via splicing a jellyfish gene. The Glow gene was developed in much the same way as the pink variant, using the same base fish, were they bred into the host fish no pigment at all and basically transparent. From then they did their magic. A fish without any pigment is the same as using a fresh canvass for a painter. You then have full control of your desired outcome. One would think if they can do pink pigment from some unknown host gene and have the ability to make them glow from a splicing of a gene from a glowing jelly fish, then any colour is possible, they just have to find a host that will express the desired colour and splice that gene into the embryo of the non pigment angelfish recipient
    This post has been edited
    FinVision is an Ornamental fish Importer with approved AQIS QAP holding facility, importing AAA Discus from the World Famous IP Discus Farm, Owned and operated by Mr Tony Tan, world Champion winner many times over and his Business Partner Jeffrey Tan is also a World famous Discus Judge, Traveling the word to Judge all the Major Discus Shows with a large panel of other world class Judges. Contact FinVision
    Office 0243536330
    Mobile 0412477997
    brian@finvisionlive.com
    Web www.finvisionlive.com

Free Swimmer
    Much as I like them (second version), methinks the cost would be way outside the reach of the average aquarist.

Any ideas what prices such fish command?

Cheers,
    Scott