Hi, I'm New Here!

Not sure on canister filter media set up

Hi guys, I brought a pretty cheap canister filter off ebay about 2 weeks ago and the instructions were in very broken English, kind confusing none the less it seems to be working pretty well.
    My concern is the instructions had nothing about setting up the media is has 3 baskets and came supplied with 1x sponge 1x filter type bag of noodles 1x filter type bag of carbon and 1 pretty large bag of sponge center bio balls.
    Now from the 1/2 a@$e instructions 1/2 on a piece of paper 1/2 on the box lol shows from what I can see the ball in the bottom basket the carbon bag and noodle bag in the same center basket and teh sponge on the top topped with the cage lid thingy this sound about right I've read so many different things and so many ways i have confused myself lol can any one help me on whats best for my discus tank .
    I dont know if I can say what kind of filter it is here or not but have a uv light tube thing if that helps and I have no idea on what way it flows

Generally you want the water to go from the biggest media to the smallest. This way all the big stuff is filtered out in stages and the final sponge/pad polishes the water.

Your setup sounds fine but remember to remove the carbon after 2 weeks and replace it ( or just leave it out).