Thread: Changing tanks

Hi, I'm New Here!

Changing tanks

Hey all. I have a 6x2x2 that is already stocked (not with discus). I am selling those fish to make it a discus tank. My question is I need to strip down then tank to put in a 3d background and need to take off a cross brace to fit in some driftwood and then re attach it. How do I keep the filter media viable for 2 or 3 days? I have a standard 4ft tank with discus in it already. I know I can attach the filter to that. But it's an fx5 will the currant be way to much for the fish? Thanks in advance
    Aaron

Bucket, Heater and Airstone

Your taking away bracing to fit in some drift wood? And not concerned about the tank?
    Why don't you just cut the wood at an angle mid way and rejoin with some stainless screws? Hide the join with anubias or java fern.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Cut the silicone with fishing line, give it a good clean and then re-silicone it back into place. Would you not recommend that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nev
    Your taking away bracing to fit in some drift wood? And not concerned about the tank?
    Why don't you just cut the wood at an angle mid way and rejoin with some stainless screws? Hide the join with anubias or java fern.
    Like Nev said..

I wouldn't upset the construction of the tank for the sake of DW that can easily be manipulated as suggested above with minimal effort and no-one will ever know that it's been cut.

Cutting and rejoining DW to achieve a different look is quite common the among aquascaping fraternity. There are many excellent examples out there.