Hi, I'm New Here!

Help! Discus's with wounds on head started as white lesion..

I found this on another site so I'll use it here to help!

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

My Discus was very distressed last night, I first noticed his Stress bars were very prominent! I then noticed he has White lumps above his eyes that slowly started, kinds of weeping. I honestly didn't think he would make it through the night but he did. Now he has wounds where the lumps were! Please see the photos of him from about 5 mins ago...

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

Wounds
    Stress Bars

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

I put in a small amount of salt to the tank and added some stress coat but did not do a full dose.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

250L 4months, Medium and small size fish. About 15-20 Total. 10 Medium Sized, 10 Small

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

Gravel bottom Tank, Water changes; not often enough! I don't age my water.

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp _28c____

- ph __6___

- ammonia reading 0____

- nitrite reading _0___

- nitrate reading __100__

- well water ____

- municipal water ____

7. Any new fish/plants added recently

I added more Plants a week ago.

Other photos-

Looks like hole in the head to me .Here is a sticky from Merrilyn about how to treat it .
    http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17130

hole in the head with a secondary infection.

seriously, in your nitrates are 100 your goin to have problems.

trying to treat that fish in your tank is a waste of time and effort as theres no way it can recover.

tomorrow go buy a cheap 10-20 gal tank (40-80L)
    a cheap 100w heater and a small airpump.

1/2 fill this tank with water from you current tank, top up with tap water add dechlorinator and let it come up to 30C.

move your discus into this tank and treat with metro @ 25mg/L.

EVERYDAY do a 50% water change with WARM (30C) WATER and redose metro.

keep this up for a week and your fish should be back to 100%

Just an Egg
    yes,most likely caused by the high nitrate.should be 0.If the head infection dose not respond.Remove the fish from water and place a few crystals of potassium permanganate in the wound than cover it with a smear of Vaseline to water proof the area.the potassium permanganate will sterilize the infection. Good luck.