Just an Egg

Hi from sunny Queensland

Hello everyone, my name is Drew.

Relatively new to the keeping of tropical fish, I have found the hobby very addictive! I started out with a small 40 litre tank that my son had out grown. Now I have progressed to a 135 litre tank.

Starting out with platys and mollies, I now have discus and apistogrammas! I adore cichilds! In the early days I had lost a few fish, running into problems with the tank and disease. I have never lost any discus! In the processes I have learned about so much but there is way more I need to learn.

I am sure that the friend I meet in these forums will help foster our common aim of looking after our wonderful aquatic friends!

Drew

Currently in my fully planted tank are: 4 Discus (possibly Stenker Solid Fire, Pidgeon Blood, Leopard & unknown); 2 Nannacara anomala; 2 Apistogramma macmasteri; 4 Mikrogeophagus ramirezi (2 German Blue & 2 Golden); 4 Dwarf Gourami; 6 Corydora (adolfoi, julii, sterbai, delphax, schwartzi, panda); 16 Cardinals; 5 Otoclinus.

Running canister filter, drip filter and sponge filter.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Welcome Drew,

Sounds like you're getting right into it!

You'll want to keep your water changes , large and regular with that many fish in a 135ltr tank. At least 50% weekly. More if you can.

Try to make sure you have some healthy growing plants in the tank as well. They will help absorb waste and keep your water cleaner and fish happy.

Best of luck with the tank. The folks here on the forum are very helpful. Check out some of the past topics if you have some spare time.

Regards,
    Josh

Wrigglers
    Hi Drew,

Welcome mate. Sounds like you have everything under control. I've only really been into fish coming up to two years now. I agree it is highly addictive and very rewarding. The tanks just keep multiplying and for me I thought I finally had my addiction under control... Discus. Things have been settling down and bang, now I'm suddenly addicted to plants too.
    This is a great site full of great people and info... Enjoy : )

Cheers

Just an Egg
    Thanks Hooked and Jshard01. I am into plants too but want to progress to a CO2 system so that I can get some more interesting plants. Any suggestions for a CO2 system for my size tank?