...or am I making more out of this than I should?
I recently completed a second course of Sterazin to treat what looked like gill flukes. Fish looked great for about three days, then respiration started to increase again, with occasional scratching (but not much). Yesterday one of the smaller discus was hovering at the water surface, so I treated the whole tank with Aquamaster Gill & Fluke (which is basically Prazi.) A little improvement by today. Also other fish like cardinal tetras breathing fast.

Ammonium & Nitrite = 0. Nitrate </= 5ppm. kH=4dkh, gH=9dh.
Respiration rate for medium discus = 80 beats per minute. Smaller ones are faster.

Q: How long should it take for the fish to settle down?
Q: Is 80 beats per second too fast?
Q: I crushed and dissolved the Prazi tablets in aquarium water. There was some white residue in the jug I used for dissolving. Should I have put all of this in the tank? If yes, I may have under dosed - should I redose?
Q: Should I turn off the U.V. during Prazi treatment?
Q: Have I missed something? Could there be another cause for these symptoms? Bacterial infection, for instance?
Q: How important is it to clean the filters after Prazi? I run two Eheim external canisters (one each end).

Ladyred, if you read this, did you get the e-mail I sent you - hope that was O.K. to send.