Discus fighting question

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for some advise, I have a pair of super erruptions, had them for about 6 months now without issue, the female was constantly cleaning the cone, with the male just watching her and thats about it. It appears that the female is over cleaning the cone and they have been just swimming around together, food was never an issue either, no fighting there as well.

Over the last couple of nights the male has now taken to pushing her around and chasing her around the tank, he is also kniping at her rear fin. On the occasion she stands up for herself and can often fend him off.

I'll took action last night and put a coloured devider between them just so the female can recover, they both seem quite happy now swimming around in there section.

The question I have is at what point should I put her back with him? I'm assuming that the male wants to start trying for kids and shes not interested, hence the argy bargy. How can I trigger her to start cleaning and laying again.

Cheers
    Rob

Just an updated.

Did a massive clean last night, and I noticed that one of the 2 heaters I had in there had failed, and the temp had got down to 26 Degrees. Ashamed to say not sure how long the tempreture had been that low.

Upped the tempreture and put in a new heater, removed the partition and bang everones happy. The male asserted his dominance and female conceeded and life is now back to normal. The female and male are both looking contently at the cone, so we'll see what happens.

Happy days

Wrigglers
    Good luck! : )