Free Swimmer

Discus not eating

I have just notice at the last feed 6pm that 1 of them r not eating,have added salt,water change tomorrow arvo.ph is 6.0, ammonia oppm,nitrite oppm,nitrate oppm

Wrigglers
    I don't believe that you have nil nitrate, are you sure? As the end product of the cycle you should have at least a small reading in any mature tank unless heavily planted as the plants will take it.
    What temp are you running?

Free Swimmer
    the temp is 31,will do a ph,ammon,nitrite,nitrate test again this arvo b4 a water change and after,

Free Swimmer
    Quote Originally Posted by rex82
    I don't believe that you have nil nitrate, are you sure? As the end product of the cycle you should have at least a small reading in any mature tank unless heavily planted as the plants will take it.
    What temp are you running?
    Ph=6.0,all others levels are zero b4 & after water change,temp is 31deg.any ideas would help.

Wrigglers
    Up the temp for a week or so to about 34 if it is a discus only tank(no plants or other fish).

Wrigglers
    And make sure to increase air during
    This time.

Thirty four degrees ...........yikes. You're going to end up with discus soup.

Please don't go that high. Your normal running temp should be 28/29 with an increase to 31 when you need to use it to medicate sick fish.

If your fish is still not eating, increase your water changes and offer some live food. Adult brine shrimp are good to increase appetite. Not much good in the nutrition stakes, but great to encourage reluctant fish to eat again.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Wrigglers
    Different strokes :/

Free Swimmer
    thanks for the advice,temp now 33.5 discus just ate a 4 pieces of newlife spectrum discus formula pellets,hope he gets his appetite back,will keep temp high 2 weeks just in case.

Just an Egg
    I would check for worms if the fish dont start eating soon!
    FinVision is an Ornamental fish Importer with approved AQIS QAP holding facility, importing AAA Discus from the World Famous IP Discus Farm, Owned and operated by Mr Tony Tan, world Champion winner many times over and his Business Partner Jeffrey Tan is also a World famous Discus Judge, Traveling the word to Judge all the Major Discus Shows with a large panel of other world class Judges. Contact FinVision
    Office 0243536330
    Mobile 0412477997
    brian@finvisionlive.com
    Web www.finvisionlive.com