Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi, I'm New Here!

fish are ready

Hello all,

I have decided to sell these guys earlier than expected.

the majority are approximately 2.5-3cm.

If you are interested, please leave your number.

First come first serve basis, those that have left their number will be contacted in the morning.

Price: $10 each.

Thanks for looking, and thanks for your comments.

Wrigglers

Re: fish are ready

Quote Originally Posted by tommy mf
    Hello all,

I have decided to sell these guys earlier than expected.

the majority are approximately 2.5-3cm.
    A bit young aren't they? Most would be lucky to make it to Thier new home let alone live a week

Hi, I'm New Here!
    hi,

I understand your concern, what size are they meant to be sold at?

I have them in their own tank for approximately two weeks now away from the parents, they are all eating fine on live microworms, live bbs, live black worms, beef heart and a bit of Sera discus pellets.

from an expert point of view, when are they ready to go? as they are already living away from parents and eating without any help.

(seeking your expertise)

Wrigglers
    Usually around 2" size so 5cm. Generally about 8 weeks from the hatch date. They will be better to transport and acclimatize at that age and you will be able to see any flaws to cull for in the meantime(short gills, sunken dorsals etc). At around 4 weeks you may have a few die so best to get them well past that stage.
    It will help your future name to cull the low quality ones and sell them at the larger size do people don't get discouraged by having Thier fish die prematurely. You will most likely have to raise your sale price to cover costs but quality will always reign supreme over quantity.

HTH Ross

After reading my comment back I actually think I sounded rude and I do apologize for that, was never meant to sound blunt at all and thanks for not taking it that way.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Hey Ross, thanks for your suggestion, I think I will withdraw this sale unless people are happy to take that risk. (shall put a buyer beware notice or something)

For 5cm fish, price will be pushed up to around the $25+ mark each as I've seen lower strains go for around that price.

Thanks again Ross, will repost this when they are ready to go again.

Wrigglers
    That's grea to hear Timmy, very fair on the pricing also. It also gives you more time to work out which ones you may wanna keep for yourself