Thread: Fish Diary

Just an Egg

Fish Diary

I thought I might mention a fish Diary as It is a very important tool for discus breeding.
    If you each day write down daily temperature and temperature swings,wind conditions,weather(rain etc)barometric pressure ,all weather combinations.After a few years patterns for breeding and disease begin to appear,we all know certain environmental patterns in weather are the precursor for certain diseases.
    This is very important to understand.Than your always ahead.eg Week of rain,warm weather.windy but humid=bacterial infection within another two weeks.Than your on the look out,you know its coming,meds are ready,Bacterial infections treated in the first 24hours often have 100% success rate,48hours maybe 50%,60hours 95% loss.After some years you can predict what disease and when just by looking out side,only in your area however,as each area has a different eco system.
    Food as well,say you fed your discus some bloodworms,3months later they all died.you may not associate it with the bloodworms,if you write it down a pattern develops,every time I fed bloodworms they die in 3months,those i didn't are all fine,bottom line you can find out whats killing your discus and whats not.
    To some people this info will have no place but to a serious Discus breeder it can be very valuable.

Free Swimmer
    knowledge is power,