Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tony tan discus

Jeffery Tan is that you? I would like to say welcome to the form if I may I'm a big fan of your work.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSN
    Jeffery Tan is that you? I would like to say welcome to the form if I may I'm a big fan of your work.
    yes, is me. i was with Tony Tan last night and reply together on this forum. may i know what is your name?

Hi jeffery I'm Jothy Kandasamy I'm the very proud owner of some of your F1 altums. VERY nice Fish

Just an Egg
    Quote Originally Posted by phil56
    I know the original owner of exotic Discus and he imports himself I assume the new owner dose to,look guys,i'm not trying to bash tony tan discus for all i know he has excellent Discus,I don't want to say who the guy was I bought them off or It may affect his business that it not my intention as I believe he has many very beautiful healthy Discus.I suppose I should Have said nothing but i was more than a little upset when my bright yellow discus went brown.I only wanted to warn others who pay the retail price which is a lot and have the same thing happen to them.I'm just trying to help people here,that's all.
    Thanks Jeffrey for replying to my concerns so quickly to this unfounded statement and for your wisdom on this subject. We at Finvision are extremely impressed with your discus, and are extremely proud to be allowed to represent and exclusively sell your Discus in Australia. We also believe that this person is more envious of your quality than they care to admit, and feel threatened now that you have a distributor in Australia. As I said to you we have never supplied the Yellow Tang to any aquarium shop in Australia but will in the future. I also find that when remakes of this nature are made, they always have a motive and should be taken with a grain of salt. They don’t mind trashing Tony Tan and Jeffery’s name but make out that they have a noble cause when they say that they are trying to protect the LFS name by refusing to name them
    Funny that you Phil56 also work at an Aquarium Shop, so did you buy from your shop, I know that if I worked at an Aquarium that sold Discus why would you find the need to buy form another shop. Maybe it’s because of the alleged false claim from the alleged LFS that said that they only buy Tony Tans Discus and you purchased it because you know Toney Tans world wide reputation. I will not be bothered to comment further to your contradictive ranting’s on this subject, from someone with the alleged experience with Discus that suggest how to produce a yellow fish was found to be imaginative at best by Jeffrey’s explanation. Any further replies to Phil56 by me will not grace this forum as it will get out of hand as you try to back peddle. I respect this forum and the members in it far too much to make it a staging platform Although I am happy to answer any further questions from any other members that may need to ask about Tony Tan & Jeffrey Tans IP Discus, and in Particular the Yellow Tang.

FinVision is a new concept wholesale distributor for IP Discus in Australia. We are in the process of loading our new innovative and interactive public assessable website. The new wholesale concept is described as a Co-Op wholesaler. At FinVision we act as an intermediatory between your local Aquarium Shop Co-Op group member and you the enthusiast. This allows all LFS access to high quality specialized Discus. You can purchase from the Co-Op website and pick up from your LFS Co-Op Group Member.
    Or purchase through the Co-Op group members shop where they will have a selection of FinVision (Toney Tans) Discus. More will be reviled in the coming weeks

PS. Thank you for allowing me to defend both FinVision’s and Tony and
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tony_with_heiko.jpg  
    FinVision is an Ornamental fish Importer with approved AQIS QAP holding facility, importing AAA Discus from the World Famous IP Discus Farm, Owned and operated by Mr Tony Tan, world Champion winner many times over and his Business Partner Jeffrey Tan is also a World famous Discus Judge, Traveling the word to Judge all the Major Discus Shows with a large panel of other world class Judges. Contact FinVision
    Office 0243536330
    Mobile 0412477997
    brian@finvisionlive.com
    Web www.finvisionlive.com

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Brian from Finvision is our exclusive distributor for Australia. we never send any shipment direct to Australia with other importer since 2 years ago, but sometime someone just claim it that they selling our fish. it only can be untruth statement from them, or they are mislead from the exporter.

Just an Egg
    Perhaps you people should read what i actually said,for one I have never Mentioned tony tans yellow tang discus,at all,the discus i'm referring to were bought in 2007 at Darrens Discus,townsville,they were a yellow discus that turned brown than developed a distinct pigeon blood Patton.According to him they were tony tan discus.This could just be a throw back ,so what,I can't say how they turned out without people thinking I'm jealous or something,or should I be sued for saying so,that's good customer relations. At no point did I say anything bad about tony tans discus in general
    only that he had very beautiful and healthy Discus,you people have completely miss read and exaggerated what I have said.for your own ends whatever they are?
    And yes I bought tony tans discus because I thought they were the best,I try to buy from the best breeders in the world.
    As for crossing a white discus with and golden You guys brought this up??yes I know it produces a yellow white,then if you cross the young you get a snow yellow discus which I think is the best looking yellow type of discus I have seen so of course I would suggest that.
    this was never an attack on tony tans discus in general only the six I bought and I have the write as a customer I say how they developed.
    Of course if darrens discus never purchased tony tang discus I am of course mistaken.
    Also it was not me who mentioned exotic Discus they have nothing to do with this.
    FinVision you alleged so many things in your defense but failed to understand there was nothing to defend and to actually read and understand what I said,than Perhaps next time,you should think before you hit and run.

Just an Egg
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrilyn
    Quote Originally Posted by giorid
    Thanks phil, that's disappointing, I really thought that breeders would be more honest and at least mention in their ads that the fish is being treated with colour inhancement foods, at least the buyer wouldn't be fooled into believing that the colour is genuine.
    Had the same thing happen to me with 4 beautiful yellow fish I bought several years ago. Their clean yellow colour faded within 6 months. I tried colour feeding them with Tetra Color Bits to bring the yellow back, and they turned orange.

They were obviously being fed something to enhance the yellow colour, but I could never determine what it was.
    Hi Merrilyn the yellow discus must not be feed any product that contains carophyll red or pink that includes astaxantine, brine shrimp, carrots and alike, it is said that if you purchase the yellow tang from Tony tans farm, you must feed them ONLY natural food like beef heart mix, or granules, flake with out carotenoids, and the fish will maintain its yellow appearance and will not change colour using normal food that doesn’t contain colour additives is ok.

Only red colour additives will make your yellow fish turn orange and not brown that’s if the fish has truly yellow base genetics. But if you want the vibrant intense yellow then you must feed them carophyll yellow, do not feed tetra bits as they have, carophyll red or beta carotene. This is the only way to maintain intense yellow coloring. I hope that this helps clear up some of the understanding about the Yellow Tang. But as far as other breeders that produce the yellow Discus it really depends if they have a strong yellow base genetic stamp. I note that some yellow discus on the market need coloring to maintain any yellow. But with IP Discus Yellow Tang this is not necessary, the Yellow tang will always maintain yellow. but intensity is determined by colour additives
    FinVision is an Ornamental fish Importer with approved AQIS QAP holding facility, importing AAA Discus from the World Famous IP Discus Farm, Owned and operated by Mr Tony Tan, world Champion winner many times over and his Business Partner Jeffrey Tan is also a World famous Discus Judge, Traveling the word to Judge all the Major Discus Shows with a large panel of other world class Judges. Contact FinVision
    Office 0243536330
    Mobile 0412477997
    brian@finvisionlive.com

Tony Tan and Jeffrey Tan, a very warm welcome to Discus Forums, and thank you for clearing up that misunderstanding.

Finvision, thanks for your information. I purchased my yellow fish at least ten years ago. Have no idea who the breeder was, but it was probably in the very early stages of developing the yellow colour. I'm sure there were many smaller fish farms trying to develop a yellow fish.

Obviously colour breeding has come a long way since those early days, and I look forward to seeing a true yellow tang. Will you be posting photos? I'm sure a lot of people would love to see them.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Just an Egg
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrilyn
    Tony Tan and Jeffrey Tan, a very warm welcome to Discus Forums, and thank you for clearing up that misunderstanding.

Finvision, thanks for your information. I purchased my yellow fish at least ten years ago. Have no idea who the breeder was, but it was probably in the very early stages of developing the yellow colour. I'm sure there were many smaller fish farms trying to develop a yellow fish.

Obviously colour breeding has come a long way since those early days, and I look forward to seeing a true yellow tang. Will you be posting photos? I'm sure a lot of people would love to see them.
    Yes I will post some pics but that wont be untill my next shipment from Toney and Jeffrey , which is due in late July early August. These fish will stay yellow without colour enhancement must keep natural food, tetra bits are a no no but i think Hikari Discus gold has yellow in it , but not sure , but if you want them to be really vivid then you will have to buy some Carophyll Yellow , which i will have in stock hopefully by then
    Office 0243536330
    Mobile 0412477997
    brian@finvisionlive.com

Hi, I'm New Here!
    can you show photo of the yellow fish that you mentioned from us? because a yellow fish will not turn brown. Darren Burgess did import from us once long time ago, i can check if we have sent him any yellow fish. will update.

Quote Originally Posted by phil56
    Perhaps you people should read what i actually said,for one I have never Mentioned tony tans yellow tang discus,at all,the discus i'm referring to were bought in 2007 at Darrens Discus,townsville,they were a yellow discus that turned brown than developed a distinct pigeon blood Patton.According to him they were tony tan discus.This could just be a throw back ,so what,I can't say how they turned out without people thinking I'm jealous or something,or should I be sued for saying so,that's good customer relations. At no point did I say anything bad about tony tans discus in general
    only that he had very beautiful and healthy Discus,you people have completely miss read and exaggerated what I have said.for your own ends whatever they are?
    And yes I bought tony tans discus because I thought they were the best,I try to buy from the best breeders in the world.
    As for crossing a white discus with and golden You guys brought this up??yes I know it produces a yellow white,then if you cross the young you get a snow yellow discus which I think is the best looking yellow type of discus I have seen so of course I would suggest that.
    this was never an attack on tony tans discus in general only the six I bought and I have the write as a customer I say how they developed.
    Of course if darrens discus never purchased tony tang discus I am of course mistaken.
    Also it was not me who mentioned exotic Discus they have nothing to do with this.
    FinVision you alleged so many things in your defense but failed to understand there was nothing to defend and to actually read and understand what I said,than Perhaps next time,you should think before you hit and run.