Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wrigglers
    Hi gang,

I have emailed Huey Hung with a few questions. I'll let you know how I go and share the info,

Cheers

How are these prescription only meds coming into the country?
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Wrigglers
    Hi Merrilyn,

I contacted my supplier over here and basically his reply is "that his business affairs are private but he can assure you that he runs a reputable business and goes to great lengths to ensure all his products are cleared into the country via Australian Customs and all the relevant authorities".

I cant really say any more than that as I don't know the ins and outs of bringing it in or distribution etc or whether its prescription or not in any particular amount etc? I know of a few large main stream Discus suppliers over east that sell it on the shelf. Hope that helps?

Cheers

Hi all,

I had a reply from Huey Hung today and I'm told it can be used on scale-less-fish at a reduced rate of 30-50% the recommended dose. I'm going to clarify if that is just for the H2 and H4 that I'm using or if it is indeed the whole range which includes about 10 products,

Cheers

Wrigglers
    I've used Super Killer on clown loaches, Synodontis euptera, pleco, silver dollars, assorted american cichlids, goldfish, etc, at full strength with no issues...

Wrigglers
    Hi Flaggy,
    Thanks mate, I'm treating all my Rummy Nose, Bristle Nose catfish, Corys etc with the Super Killer and Bacterial Killer at the moment as have just relocated my fish after a move and have them all separated in holding tanks. I've been doing at the 50% dose just in case. But I'm glad to hear it seems safe on the smaller fish as well at the fuller doses,

Cheers

Larvae
    update,
    two fish have died and one is stil lvery bloated and hanging around the surface, I have been feeding the medication through their food for several days don't know if it's going to work, I think I was expecting too much, things don't look very promessing I have to admit, cheers.

Larvae
    One of the discus pair got white poop. Which one should I use? The trouble is they just got free swimming babies in 2 days

Wrigglers
    Hi,

white - stringy poop can often be a sign of an internal flagellate infection. I have had good results using the H4 Super Killer along with the H2 Bacterial Killer. (These are the recommended meds on the handy included info sheet that comes with the meds)
    It has been recommended to me before to use a 75% dose when using with small babies in the tank.
    Having said that though, if you have changed the diet recently, sometimes the poop can be a sign of that. So that's one thing to consider.
    I would advise taking some pics if you can and possibly starting a new thread asking for advice also as there are some very knowledgeable people here and some pics may help better with a correct diagnosis. Possibly if the affected fish is still eating and you feel it is indeed a flagellate infection then probably best to mix some in with some frozen food. That way you are putting a lot less meds into the tank. Or possibly consider removing one of the parents to treat in a quarantine tank separately?
    The general feedback I get from people is that these Huey Hung meds are reasonably gentle on the fish.

Hope it helps,

Cheers

Larvae
    Thanks Hooked

Just an Egg
    Hi all,
    Can this product be used with red cherry shrimp in the tank.?
    Thanks
    Kerrie