Hi, I'm New Here!

best UV steriliser up to $400

Hi everyone what would be the best uv steriliser up to $400 for a 500ltr tank. Thanks Scott

What's the flow rate of your pump?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I run a sump and my return pump runs at 4000lph

You won't get a good one for that much flow in your price range if your willing to have a smaller pump to turn over water within your sump
    (ie in the return section which pumps water bact to the beginning of your sump) an aqua ultraviolet 8w would be fine it would Handel a 1200l/h pump in your return section quite well.

Just an Egg
    A 4000lph pump seems a rather large pump for a 500ltr tank as Discus prefer fairly still water,you can divide the outlet from the pump by running into a T piece,run two lines back into the tank one through a U.V halving the flow allowing more exposure time and smaller U.V,this will work fine as long as the tank is not overcrowded.good luck.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I had the same situation with my aqua-one 400.

I use a Jebo 36 watt, connected in a cheap sun-sun external filter, which suck the water from my sump and return it back where my main pump is in the sump

That way I increased my biological surface and I have the proper flow for my uv.

works like a charm. it made a big difference in my setup