Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: medicated food

Larvae

medicated food

Hi Folks,
    Just need some quick advice about medicated food to control worms, how often is it fed and for how long, any help will be greatly appreciated, cheers.
    PS. does anybody know where I can buy some, thanks.

Free Swimmer
    Marlons discus has medicated food (beef heart).

Medium Discus Discus Planetarium's Avatar
    Hi I have wormers in stock we ship Aus wide

Larvae
    Hi swifto, thanks but my discus aren't used to eating beef heart I tried once and they just ignored it, and I don't want them to get used to it by forcing them to eat it, thanks again.
    Discus planaterium, what's your food like, thanks.

best way is to disolve the wormer in water and add that to dry food, add enough dry food to soak up all the liquid.

as for dosage that varies with the med metro is 1g/100g, fed daily for 7-10 days, prazi is 400mg/100g feed daily for 10days

levimenisole i usually pour a dose for the tank into a container, add dry food for the nights feed, give it 5 min then feed the soaked food and pour the rest into the tank.
    repeat 3x once every 2 weeks.

Larvae
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSN
    best way is to disolve the wormer in water and add that to dry food, add enough dry food to soak up all the liquid.

as for dosage that varies with the med metro is 1g/100g, fed daily for 7-10 days, prazi is 400mg/100g feed daily for 10days

levimenisole i usually pour a dose for the tank into a container, add dry food for the nights feed, give it 5 min then feed the soaked food and pour the rest into the tank.
    repeat 3x once every 2 weeks.
    This is great, just what I was looking for, thanks illusn, and my discus thank you too.

happy to hlp sticking this topic as this questions comes up over and over again.

Larvae
    Ps. I thought it was 200mg/100g for prazi, I guess Gerald Bassleer must be wrong, anyhow can the medicated food be fed more than once a day like 3x a day, thanks again.

yeah it can be fed more often but there wont be any real benifit.

400mg/100g has always worked for me. but like anything its your call best advice is reserch over and over and learn from your mistakes.

How long will active ingredients last in the medicated foods when stored in the freezer