Wrigglers

Male or Female Peppermint ?

Hi all

I purchased this pepp when it was only 2.5cm and that was at least 2yrs ago now. It is in my discus display tank but seldom do you see it out and about. Its now approx 10cm and im not sure of its sex (catfish are not my thing) but im leaning towards female. I guess I need other peoples opinion before searching for a partner as I dont want to end up with same sex pepps.

Cheers Apistoguy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails peppermint.jpg  
    DWARF CICHLID LOVER, I Keep and breed apistogrammas, and have a 4x2x18 display tank which houses big discus fish, cardinal & rummynose tetras, german blue ram pair and a lone male pepp. b/n.

I have the following apisto species atm:

Algodon, Atahualapa, Agassizii, Baenschi"inka", Blue Steel,Borelli"opal", Cacatuoide"orange flash",,Elizabethae"red belly", Hoignei, Hongsloi"farb f2", Iniridae, Mendezi, Nijsseni, Panduro, Pebas"sp.morado", Trifasciata.

If it has britles growing up the head boy around lip girl

Wrigglers
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSN
    If it has britles growing up the head boy around lip girl
    Thanks Jothy, it only seems to have small bristles around the front of the mouth/lips. It definately doesnt have large bristles all over the head.

So from the pic I posted, im guessing it doesnt show enough to identify properly. I can try for a better pic next time its out and about.

If it is a girl, and all seems likely, do you have any large males for sale?

cheers Wayne
    DWARF CICHLID LOVER, I Keep and breed apistogrammas, and have a 4x2x18 display tank which houses big discus fish, cardinal & rummynose tetras, german blue ram pair and a lone male pepp. b/n.

Algodon, Atahualapa, Agassizii, Baenschi"inka", Blue Steel,Borelli"opal", Cacatuoide"orange flash",,Elizabethae"red belly", Hoignei, Hongsloi"farb f2", Iniridae, Mendezi, Nijsseni, Panduro, Pebas"sp.morado", Trifasciata.

plenty of males mate just give me a yell when your sure.

if you can get a side shot of the head you'll know for sure

Wrigglers
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSN
    plenty of males mate just give me a yell when your sure.

if you can get a side shot of the head you'll know for sure
    Ok mate , cheers.

if it has bristles go up the middle of its nose like a mowhawk it's a boy

if it just has brisles around the front of its lip it's a lebanese female hahahaha
    my Flickr photo page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27593184@N05/
    my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mattzilla5000#p/u
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>><( (((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>