Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wrigglers
    Hey jothy,
    yea its been a while only got the marine running now, new setup soon
    oh good to hear about the manacapuru's, sorry to hear bout the altums though mate!

Thought you got a few tocantins back from pat?
    *Disclaimer:
    If you hav'ent relised by now i can't spell for $H!T

Well done Jothy. What an excellent work you did. What other type of angels do you currently breed and sell?

Thanks Jono, yeah got some tocantins back off pat butt no luck lost the lot.

starting to think that species is extinct in sydney which is a real shame.

Hi Ivo, the only angels I have now are altums and Manacaparu, my surinams are at dads place.

taking a step back from breeding as work has gotten crazy over the last few months.

Hi Jothy, you are so right breeding and raising frys is very time consuming. May I ask what happened to your altum? It's cool if you don't want to talk about that.

one by one over a period of 5 months they seemed to contract a swim bladder infection that destroyed their equilibrium, i tried every drug i had to treat the tank i even tried injections into the fish but nothing seemed to stop it. such a shame as it was the biggest that died first some were over 15 inches tall.

Time has gotten the better of me with me working 6 days most weeks and 9-12 hours a day as my project goes into the last stages so I might try again later but nothing anytime soon.

Hi all,

these little guys ar all grown up now and ready for sale, the smallest is a healthy 4ch bodylength (-tail). all in all from the spawn I got a total of 18 good fish, some have their flaws, one is missing the trailling front fins (i wont be selling it) and one has an incomplete gill cover on 1 side.

I got the camera out and snapped a few photos, here they are before I move them on.

the lighting is full spectrum LED made by me, 6500k whites with clusters of royal blue, deep red and turquoise

here they are with the flash on
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscf5436.jpg   dscf5458.jpg   dscf5433.jpg  

here they are without flash which better shows the real colour
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscf5431.jpg   dscf5463.jpg   dscf5448.jpg  

and here they are with the images tweaked a little to try and show how they actually look in the tank, these images have been through photoshop to have the contrast adjusted and a sharpen to try and take the edge off the lack of flash
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscf5442.jpg   dscf5445.jpg   dscf5440.jpg  

nice fish mate hope you move them

Update time,
    I'm going to try to keep this updated as they grow up.
    these are some that I sent to Dads planted tank for safe keeping they share the tank with my Surinames.

i noticed something tonight as I fed them, it looks the little ones are going to develop more colour then their parents ever did (fingers crossed)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_1708.jpg   img_1697_155.jpg   img_1706_293.jpg