Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

F1 Manacaparu Redback angels with eggs & now FRY!

Hi all,
    just a few quick pics of my second pair of F1 Manacaparu from Kath
    I'll leave the eggs with them tonight and move them in the morning to a hatching tank[/code]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscf4826.jpg   dscf4825.jpg   dscf4824.jpg  

Great pics, my favorite type of angels, wild variety.
    Good luck with the fry.

Thanks Nev,
    eggs were gone this morning, I guess just too much competition the tank, next time I'll have to pukll them as soon as Dad's done his job.

Way to go! I got them going too but the Surinems I never could any luck with them? They are my fave (as you know).
    Cheers Kath

I've got a pair that like to hang out and clean stuff but they never lay eggs,

I'm actually thinking of moving the last 6 redbacks to dads place and bringing the 5 surinams home to condition up for breeding (Dad only feeds once a day and only feeds dry food with freeze dried black worms 1-2x a week).

I could even move on the last 6 redbacks as now i have 2 pairs but i'll have to think on that one.

My MASSIVE Altums dropped vents last night so my pair is definately a boy and a girl, but still no eggs.

Wrigglers
    Dont sell the redbacks! if you need another tank i have a 6foot if your keen? its got weir and fully sumped, heater etc. You can take and use it for time bein till you get more tanks sorted?

Then get brians St isabel's . Did you end up getting that WC male from perth?

Whats in the DT now?
    *Disclaimer:
    If you hav'ent relised by now i can't spell for $H!T

It's not tank space, its pyhsical space thats the issue. The new fish room is only 60% the size of the old room , with a few new L number colonies and some new domestic angels on the way i need to rationalise the stock.

Display tank is still empty i need to finish the lighting and plumbing in the RO and waste system. I'm hopeing to have it up and running next weekend. i'm going to stock it light, 10-12 altums 3-4 Leucosticta's and a couple of hundred tetras, I'm thinking of moveing in a trio or 2 of 134's or my colony of 66's but still havn't decided the last thing i want is Leuco's chowing down on L number fry.

Wrigglers
    why breed domestics when you got these wilds to play with

stock it lighty with 12 altums! haha Did you end up catching the leucos from the 3d background?

scrap the L's and throw in some longnose juvies or royal whips instead.

Talking about space should see the pergola me and dad built, when you come down you'll see its massive, All my empty tanks are outside
    *Disclaimer:

Quote Originally Posted by LEG-IT
    why breed domestics when you got these wilds to play with

stock it lighty with 12 altums! haha Did you end up catching the leucos from the 3d background?
    DOMESTICS PAY THE BILLS! it's easy to sell a couple of hundred domestics @$3 a fish every week, also if you can get $5-8 for something rare like a super veiltail or pinoy then it add's up.

Wilds are always going to be a niche market, general people want something pretty for a comunity tank, crazy nut jobs like us enjoy wilds. I'm not expecting to have much demand for redbacks that arn't red from the general public.

12 altums in 1100L isnt going to be hevily stocked, especially if 2 fish are constantly out in breeding tank

Wrigglers
    haha nice, maybe i should stop being a slob and breed something easy like endlers to fund my tank lol.

I keep thinking your tank is 5x2x2! Now that you put it that way 91 litres per Altum seems pretty decent! Time for Wild discus now?
    *Disclaimer: