Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: peat moss

Free Swimmer

peat moss

Hi all,just would like to no is there a certain type/brand of peat moss u should use,or is one brand better than the other.If anyone has use peat moss which brand worked for u.I no that it must contain no ferts or additives,and is sphagnum moss the same.any advice thanks.

i use 100% canadian peat moss, pure no fertilizers.

Brian from Finvision might be able to sell you some if your interested

Got mine from mitre 10.
    Cheap as.
    Attunga was the brand.

Free Swimmer
    Thanks Nev,Illusion,I'll give mitre 10 a call,flower power got blended peat moss which is a no go.Illusion do u no some where local that stocks it as live not far from u.

Just an Egg
    We have 24 cubic feet in 6 huge bails of Canadian Peat moss has a PH rating of 5.4 it is the purest available and of the highest quality. We use it our selves and highly recommend it, not because we stock it, it because we needed it and wanted the best and this is what’s left over as we wouldn’t use this much in a million years. I had to import it because it is very hard to get. That’s why I got so much because 10 bails was the minimum order. Jothy picked up some from me and he is very happy with it. It also lasts much longer and maintains its low PH. To answer your question Spag moss is the same as peat moss, Peat moss is grounded Spag. We obviously sell it by the KG in its dry form, so you aren’t paying for water $12.50 for 1kg, $20.00 pr 3 KG. will go a long way in dry form. It is more expensive then you local garden supplies sell their peat for but you have absolutely no guarantee it hasn’t got any other nasties in it , it is common to have traces of lime through some brands this is to help stabilize the PH for planting purposes also some fertilizers are added. Most peat is sold wet. we sell it dry.We will post Pics of bags soon to give you an idea what 3 and 1 kg volume looks like
    FinVision is an Ornamental fish Importer with approved AQIS QAP holding facility, importing AAA Discus from the World Famous IP Discus Farm, Owned and operated by Mr Tony Tan, world Champion winner many times over and his Business Partner Jeffrey Tan is also a World famous Discus Judge, Traveling the word to Judge all the Major Discus Shows with a large panel of other world class Judges. Contact FinVision
    Office 0243536330
    Mobile 0412477997
    brian@finvisionlive.com
    Web www.finvisionlive.com

Try Fernland agencies in Nambour for pure canadian peat moss. They are the australian distributors for this brand: http://www.sungro.com/products_displ...=27&brand_id=8

It's about $40 for a huge bag.

Just an Egg
    i got some from bunnings it was rubbish

Just an Egg
    Quote Originally Posted by joller
    i got some from bunnings it was rubbish
    Are you talking about Canadian peat or something else??
    FinVision is an Ornamental fish Importer with approved AQIS QAP holding facility, importing AAA Discus from the World Famous IP Discus Farm, Owned and operated by Mr Tony Tan, world Champion winner many times over and his Business Partner Jeffrey Tan is also a World famous Discus Judge, Traveling the word to Judge all the Major Discus Shows with a large panel of other world class Judges. Contact FinVision
    Office 0243536330
    Mobile 0412477997
    brian@finvisionlive.com
    Web www.finvisionlive.com

Just an Egg
    sorry i meant just the regular stuff, i tried it and a mate of mine also tried it and it didn't seem to do anything

if you want results i recommend getting the quality stuff

Just an Egg
    I got some from Bunnings as well, it worked a treat, lowered the pH to 5.4 has been stable like that for ages, months. However, I do use rain water for WCs - water changes. Apparently it's naturally acidic.