Hi, I'm New Here!

Discus has largening nostrils, help?

Hello from Finland!

We are having trouble with our discus tank.

Last week we suddenly first lost one discus, with no symptoms at all. In the afternoon it was feeding, in the night it was dead. A couple of days after that one old discus had two abscesses in the forehead. Not looking like hole-in-the-head, but something else. I took him to be opened to know, what to treat. The doctor replied soon:

1. From the skin at the head area was found a lot of Ichtyobodo (formerly Costia)
    2. At the gills was found singular Dactylogyrus sp
    3. In the testines was found singular Spironucleus

The tank has been treated with Protozin (Waterlife). At this time other discuses were shivering. The first three doses have now been given and one more is to come today. Water quality is fine, no nitrite, pH is round 6,5. Tank is almost 500 litres, with two eheim 2215, other also is with this flowerbox (?) filtration. (Sorry, I donīt know the right word for this)

Now three of the discuses are having a new problem, their nostrils are getting larger.
    Here a couple of pictures, any idea what might be the problem?

[/img]

Medium Discus
    looks like hole in the head to me

hole in the head

step up water changes add vegtable matter to the diet have some metro on hand just in case.

sorry to hear bout your losses, could it be a problem with our source water?