Thread: Eco complete

Medium Discus

Eco complete

Has anyone here ever used Eco complete. I'm feeling it's time to aqua scape my show tank again. At present I'm using an Amano substrate but it's very messy. How long does the Eco complete last. Do you need to fertilize

I've used it for years, its a very good substrate, it does depleat slowly over about 9 months so every 12 months or so put in some root tabs for your root feeders.

Medium Discus
    wood it work with the amano fertilisers?

I personally dont think you'll need ALL the amano fertilizers, it is a complete growing media, I'll try and find some pics of my old tank with it.

obviously if your growing lots of fast growing water column feeders you'll need to suppliment.

Adding the ammano fertilizers wont hurt but if you start getting algae problems cut them back or just cut them out.

hI MATE CANT FIND A WHOLE TANK SHOT BUT THIS IS A DEVILS EYE SWORD 8 MONTHS OLD IN A 6X2X2, AS YOU CAN SEE FROM JUVINE TO 55+CM TALL IN 8 MOTHNS ON ECO COMPLETE

Medium Discus
    thats impressive. are you running co2

Yep on a Ph controler this tank ran at 6.5 it was home to my discus then then my wild type p.sclare silvers, great tank I really miss it.

in total it had 10 bags of eco complete, 2 bags of seachem onyx sand (for Kh and CO3), red sea substrate heating and that was it.

I didnt dose liquid fetrz but after about 9 months I started adding some DIY clay balls to the swords to keep them going.

Medium Discus
    ok so i could use the amano iron long bottom or multi bottom

Multi might be better (again unless you get algae problems) but iron long bottom should work fine.

It's more of an issue for your aggressive root fedders like swords and crypts.

Medium Discus
    i have both iron long bottom and multi bottom. great ill get some eco complete today. I imagine ill need about 20 bags