Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plumbing ideas

Just an Egg

Plumbing ideas

hey guys i was just starting this thread so i can get some good ideas on plumbing my breeding stands i am still not certain if i want to go WATER STORAGE OR RO what ever is easiest i guess.
    Iwas wondering if any 1 can post some pics of how they plumb there set-ups it will be 3 tier stands 6 tanks on each stands for now x 2 stands i am over manual water changes and would love to find the best possible way to go about this

I use a pump and some garden hose from the water tank.
    Sorry no pic.

Can we move this thread to equipment please?

Just an Egg
    that would be great sorry i was unsure were to put this thread i assume i would put it in the breeding section to hope i would get some responses from the breeders i Was unsure thou how do i move this thread

Wrigglers
    Hi Random,

When the time comes you may want to consider a Karcher GP40 transfer pump from "that" large warehouse hardware chain store. Mine recently cost me $107. It will lift vertically (Head of pressure) to 35m. Its suction hieght is 9m. Most use pond pumps and converted powerheads etc. But you wont get anywhere close to the specs of the Karcher for the money. Its basically like a portable centrifugal pool pump. The build quality is great (I pulled mine apart when I accidently sucked up some gravel whilst emptying a tank). You can use up to 1 inch dia hose fittings. These things are great! Empties my 220lt storage drums in no time. Its a great time saver. Hope this helps,

Cheers

Just an Egg
    yeah it def will cheers mate i have a credit with karcher so that should come in handy approx how long does it take to drain ur 220lt storage just off the top of ur head and at what height are u pushing it cheers

Wrigglers
    Hi,
    I'm in the garage cleaning out the grow out tank. Through the max diameter hose size of 1 inch, I was able to pump one 220lt barrel to my other empty barrel in about 4 mins 20 secs. Give or take a few seconds for the air to clear at the beginning. Its rated at 3000lt per hour, which would be 4 mins to empty 200lts.
    That rating is of course best case scenario of short hoses over a flat plane, I'm sure.
    Tomorrow I'm doing a water change on my display which is upstairs. That's a lift of 4.3metres and its a 1inch pick up/suction hose of about 2meters length and a food grade garden type hose of a much greater length on the outlet side, so more friction and restriction. I'll let you know how long it takes. It will give you an idea anyway.
    I use to carry 2 x 20lt buckets upstairs in the early days doing 30% changes. Its a roughly 1150 litre tank. Killed my back. I love this pump! : ) Good value I reckon for $107

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails karcher_gp40.jpg  

Wrigglers
    Hi,

Ok, to pump 220lts upstairs over a lift of 4.3m, with a 2metre long 1inch pick up hose (pump sat on ground level) through a 7metre long approximately 11mm delivery hose (should be 12.5mm but is now stretched), it took 6mins 45secs. That should give you an idea,

Cheers

Free Swimmer
    Hi Hooked,thats a gr8 idea as I'm still doing the bloom bucket trips through the house.I'll go and check out that store.

Just an Egg
    I've been using Eheim 1260 in my water change systems and they never missed a beat, great pumps.

Just an Egg
    yeah that pump seems like it will be more then enough for what i need it shall be a good investment thats for sure ill order 1 this week i still need to dril and buy 20 odd bulk heads but
    i cant wait until its set up