Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just an Egg
    Actually, I think I should treat the whole tank - just noticed the ram (pic attached) and rummy nose tetra with white spot - although very much reduced on the discus - pic attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails discus_with_white_spot.jpg   ram_with_white_spot.jpg  

Just an Egg
    I would treat the whole tank with white spot medication I've used " Aquamaster's Rapid White Spot Remedy" and it's very effective, not sure how much it does to plants you might have to remove the plants for the period of treatment.

Yes, do treat the whole tank, and do the follow up treatment too. White spot can be a bit of a stinker to eradicate, so hit it hard.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Just an Egg
    OK, will do - thanks

Just an Egg
    OK, I think I have now dealt with the white spot. I have given 2 treatments with the Aqua Master 'Rapid white spot remedy' and increased the water temp to 32 degrees - absolutely no sign of white spot on any fish and all eating and seemingly blissful. Now, one more treatment for good measure? and leave the temp up at 31-32 permamnently?
    I still have the problem with hardness of water (12 drops with the Dupla test) - Adelaide's a curse for water and aquariums! But so far so good. pH 7.3
    I feel so tempted to buy a sew more discus - arrgh got the bug bad. Must get a quarantine tank.

Cheers for the advice

Sean