Threaded View

Wrigglers
    Hi Jon, Rob, Nev, All,

I succumbed to the pressure! : )
    I've taken another pic this evening. Its the best after many attempts. Luckily in it you can see all the larger fry, 6 still. A total fluke as usually you can only see 2 or 3. I think the younger fry have been thinned out yet again by the parents, It's really hard to tell conclusively. It gives you an idea of the size difference.
    We noticed today that the parents are becoming really protective. When you approach the tank they are not so mellow. One will come out quickly and get between you and the fry. So we have been backing off and leaving them be. They were NOT happy having their pic taken.
    Today for the first time I really saw that classic view of a parent swarmed by fry. Both sides covered in a small cloud. Also one is really now giving a good flick of its body when cruising up along side the cone to signal time for a feed.
    One thing I also noticed was the first sign of very slight peppering. A few pin pricks of black against the bright white below the dorsal fin. It got me thinking.... I covered my black sponge filter cube in white filter material so as not to have anything in black as recommended so the parents are the darkest thing in the tank. But my fish are white, are highly reflective and the brightest thing in the tank? A bit like the sponge filter...... lol : )

Cheers,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails discus_fry_high_res.jpg