ANUBIAS - DISINFECT

Can anyone advise on how to disinfect an anubias of snails/snal eggs.
    I have just bought an anubias on driftwood and I want to make sure it is clean before I put it in my tank. I was told to add some aquarium salt 1gr/litre would do the trick if I left it in the solution for 2-3 days.
    Comments please.

Ray

if you find a method please share, i used to use a double dose of sterizin by water life, but it was ineffective against eggs,

a better method might be to grow them emersed for a week in a small spare fish tank so all the eggs and snails dry out

Larvae
    I have had some success using potassium permanganate. (Condies crystals by the old language). Grab a bucket of water, add enough PP to colour it a dark purple, throw plants in and add an airstone, keep it bubbling for a couple of hours. Everything I have read says 15mins is sufficient but I found that still left some alive enough to re-infest. However a couple of hours seems to work. Some delicate plants might not like this treatment, but most survive it fine, Anubias wouldn't be a problem. I then just rinse and put the plant in a quarantine tank for a couple of weeks and make sure no little snails develop. Cheers.

Larvae
    Oh and I forgot to mention, the condies will make any snail eggs go purple and make them easier to see, so you can just pick them off.

But with snail rid as per bottle, then put in tank. Although I like the PP idea of colouring the eggs!
    Cheers Kath

Bucket ( should have been there not But)mmm can't edit.
    Cheers Kath