Hi, I'm New Here!

Possible external parasite, strange eruptions on discus body

Thanks in advance to all. I was pointed here by another forum.

Just got back from 2 week holiday and panicked. Does anyone know what this is and how to treat it? I'm thinking external parasite. Please help as I would be devastated if i lose this fish. He is the only one in the tank with this. No new fish have been added and tank has been setup for 8 months.

I'd be guessing anchor worms but I'd only be guessing.
    Illusion or Mr Wild spring to mind as the ppl to help.

Whilest waiting for addive from people who might know what this is .I would do a large water change. Good clean water is the best way start to any treatment .

It may be too late BUT separate the fish immediately into clean water and treat with trichlorfon (fluke and tapeworm). If it is a type of fluke it will help but I fear it might be a case of viral lyphocystis and if this is the case the meds will have no effect and the fish will die.

Both scenarios are highly infectious so I would treat your main tank as a precaution with trichlorfon in the case of flukes or trematodes of some description and without a microscope there is really no way of identifying correctly.
    Cheers Kath

Hi, I'm New Here!
    1 of my fish has same problem as this i treated with h3 or 4 the 1 for internal its gotten worse.. i have it in an isulation tank but am wondering should i treat the whole tank ?? tank also has Ls in it so if treatment is harmfull 2 them i can move them out the tank.. just wondering what i should treat tank with..

Free Swimmer
    Well if it were me I'd treat the whole tank just as a precaution.I don't think it's anchor worm,how ever it does look similar.Someone else like Illusion will b able to help u better.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    ok would like 2 know what 2 treat with guys???... i get along well with my local vet pretty sure she would give me what i need just need 2 know what it is

Hi, I'm New Here!
    ok so i treated fish with h3 it got worse im thinking about just ending its life dont want 2 risk infecting rest of my stock... i have another 1 showing symptoms now... the 2 fish showing symptoms are couple fish i got that came with a tank they they didnt show any sighn till over 6 months hope its not viral lyphocystis... think i better treat all my tanks what should i do it with also will treatment effect plants and L numbers

Larvae
    Sorry to hear about your sick fish mate, but what I would do is get a quarantine tank and put the sick fish in there and try various treatments starting with the stronger meds first while the fish are still strong enough to stand the strong meds and can fight the disease better, if that doesn't show results than do water changes to clear the meds and use another type of med. make sure you don't have carbon in your filter(s) and clean the filter too with aquarium water, discus are very sensetive and need very clean water or get sick, keep changing meds if you don't see the fish getting better within the required time of the meds although sometimes you might risk it and prolong the treatment if you think the fish can take it you might just save it, also if you can put the meds in their food if they're eating, anything is worth trying, good luck.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    fish are in quarantine tank im not as worried about loosing the 2 infected fish as i am worried about it effecting my entire stock.. i have over 50 discus at least 20 of adult size