Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Just an Egg
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrilyn
    Nice to have you on board finvision.

Love to see some photos of your fish when you have the time.
    Sure, ill send some to you, there are a few quick snaps already in my album, thanks for the warm welcome and appreciate the opportunity to be on this forum. I think it is well run and i am sure it will continue to grow at the pace it historically has been, Thanks again, Best regards Brian
    FinVision is an Ornamental fish Importer with approved AQIS QAP holding facility, importing AAA Discus from the World Famous IP Discus Farm, Owned and operated by Mr Tony Tan, world Champion winner many times over and his Business Partner Jeffrey Tan is also a World famous Discus Judge, Traveling the word to Judge all the Major Discus Shows with a large panel of other world class Judges. Contact FinVision
    Office 0243536330
    Mobile 0412477997
    brian@finvisionlive.com
    Web www.finvisionlive.com

Medium Discus Discus Planetarium's Avatar
    welcome all of us would love to see some photos of your wilds when you have time thanks..

Medium Discus
    hahaha this thread is so troubling. You all have jobs i presume? what if your job was running a fish shop and nothing else? Not only do you need to feed your family, you also have to cover all your costs, and these may include EXPENSIVE DOA's. If you order through AI a wild that arrives to some guys store in bad condition for whatever reason (these are discus we are talking about so theres an unknown factor of risk we all accept as hobbyists), are you still going to pay for it? no. So often a profit margin is there to cover losses, let alone rent, electricity, water, insurances, staff, etc.

Being angry if a store doubles the wholesale price is insane. If anyone has ever priced fish for an lfs or sold fish to an lfs and seen the retail later you would know most stores add 300%!!!! but your begrudging 100%??? If we do it for cost whats the point? how do we survive, and why do we do it?

I know theres going to be a million smart ass replies to this, but bottom line i wont be a part of this calling AI direct BS, in fact i will call them today to ask more about whats going on. As a retailer with no other source of income, and a family this is bad news for me.

I wont be custom ordering any wilds for any of the people in this thread, although some have just contacted me please consider this a cancelation of any agreement to help.

Further more i find the discus scene getting uglier and uglier. I will be doing a massive forrest shipment VERY SOON, and it may very well contain wilds or f1's or f??, but i know whatever i get from our beloved exclusive supplier it will be AWESOME. And even with my markup i can sell them at AI's prices. But i wont be discounting for anyone who has commented about ordering direct or begrudging someones survival as a retailer.

Yes this is my first crazy rant... but honestly this kind of thing is out of control!!! I welcome anyone to compare our prices to any other business in the country including online ones (all retail)... Theres no way you could complain! Yet you want me to sell you a discus i buy for $200 plus gst plus freight, wear the risk of its death or you simply not wanting the fish, and then only make $20????

Not going to happen. Theres 8 hours in my days and 5 days in a week, i need to do anything i can to pay the bills both at the shop and at home. My profits are low enough compared to others, so i wont be participating, conversely ill do my best to stop it in order to survive an apparently "dying trade" in a "crappy market" as im told.

Im sorry to come across so angry but for those of you who know me, this is very rare im usually a very happy and content person. Again i apologise if this has upset anyone, but im also sure anyone reading it twice rationally will understand my frustration.

Dont make the trip down to my store if you are part of this ordering direct thing, i dont want to discuss it anymore, and i dont want to feel any more negativity.

I dont care which retailers you buy from, i hope they all survive well and prosper! My best wishes to everyone!! Its only cutting someones lunch so to speak that gets my goat.

Forrest shipment will not be televised for now. I need to re-think what im doing here.

In all honesty as a retail customer I have to side with Adrian on this one.

If I want something rare and its available I have to pay for it.

This isnt like walking down to hrvey norman, then JB HiFI then bing leee then back to Harveys to screw down a price. Personlly i have nothing but DISTANE for anyone who would do that.

I think a 100% markup is more then fair on something as rare and as unique as a wild fish fish. If I was buying from a wholesaler and onselling it to a customer my margin on a live fish (= HIGH RISK) would be ALOT more then 100%.

Please people a FAIR price for a product, we all got bills to pay and I for one DO NOT WORK FOR FREE! I would not expect anyone else to either.

I would personally like to thank all suppliers and retailers who go to the effort and risk of making wilds available to me.

Free Swimmer
    As a discus lover,,I say if u want anything that is quality then U MUST PAY the asking price regardless of the mark up.And if u have champagne taste on a beer budget well thats just tough luck.Every body has to make a living.Just my opinion.

Wrigglers
    Adrian dont bother with discus anymore, Set up some Coral Frag tanks instead and sell some to me
    I'd love a few SPS Frags and maybe a few maxima or crocea clams lol
    *Disclaimer:
    If you hav'ent relised by now i can't spell for $H!T

Medium Discus
    Hi all, sorry to get so worked up like that, hopefully no one is too offended by it.

I stand by not custom supplying AI wilds for pocket change and baring all the risk, but we will continue supplying boutique high end discus strains from around the world in limited numbers. We would hate to see this country fall further behind the global scene with the same only melons and turqs.

For an idea of what else we're doing:
    Anything planted
    Micro fish
    Show and wild bettas
    Nano stuff
    Massive led range
    Biggest hardscape variety I've ever seen anywhere
    Paludariums and vivariums
    Boutique brands of Japanese and Taiwanese dry goods and co2
    Apistos
    Shrimp (6-7 kinds in stock, all grades of crs available by order)
    And much more

We have 11 fully aquascapes displays by Australia's top ranking artists.

Wishing you all pearling plants, free swimming fry, and endless success with your endeavors

Hi, I'm New Here!

You cannot order direct from Aquarium Industries

Hi all,

as my impression is that some folks here misunderstood my earlier thread I want to clarify that you cannot order fish directly from AI, as they are a wholesale importer only, and they also don't make the final prices, but your LFS. However, you can still talk to them & they will let you know what they have or will have coming in, and you then can coordinate your order through your LFS. My suggestion is that you talk to your LFS and judge by their conduct in relation to your enquiry whether & how you want to place your order with them - there are really excellent, very cooperative and supporting-the-cause ones out there, and obviously also less excellent ones. With whom you go is your choice, as you're the customer and you fork out the cash.

Those folks ringing up Trudy and talking in a not too nice manner to her should do this again and apologize, as it's not her fault, but mine. However, I stand with the above and am sure that the good LFSs did not misinterpret my earlier post in this thread, but understood where I was coming from.

Cheers, Florian