Hi, I'm New Here!

Sick Blue Diamond Need Help

Hey everyone,

One of my Blue Diamonds suddenly started showing dark colors and separating himself from the rest of the group. I took him out of the main tank and placed him in a smaller tank with an air stone. It looks like he is starting to lose some of his slime coat. My water has been consistent about 85 degrees, nitrate ~40, nirtrite 0, (gH total hardness ~70-75, chlorine 0, Alkalinity ~30 and pH ~6.5. I use the Tetra EasyStrips to look at my water conditions. This started happening the last 3 days. When the blue diamond was in the community tank he would show his normal colors when eating but would go right back to darking his colors again. I put some Lifeguard in his seperate tank for now.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8-30-2011_8-06-20_am.jpg  

Blue Diamond Discus
    He looks in bad shape but I would have no idea what is wrong woth him. I would start by adding some salt to his water. Someone else should come along to help soon. Hey where are you all this was posted Friday night .

Medium Discus
    What your discus has is 1 of 2 bacterial infections. Without doing a wet mound and just looking at a picture it is hard to say exactly which it is. It is either Chilodonella or velvet disease. My best guess would be Velvet disease which is far more common in Discus. The best treatment which is easy to obtain is promethasyl from your local pet store. Dose according to the directions on the bottle. I would raise your temp to 31 degrees celsius, drop your ph to about 5 over a few days using acid buffer and add some aquarium salt to the tank. This will prevent the infection from developing further and give the treatment a better chance of working

Hi,

Check the following sticky from Merrilyn (administrator) worth a read.

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3582

Hope he improves.

Ray