Just an Egg

a couple of pics of the discus from "newbie woes"

G'day, the discus that were causing me to lose sleep have now settled in a lot more as predicted by the seasoned veterans that gave me advice. I dont know the actual names of the types (if any), 2 of them are around the 9cm mark and the other is a little large by maybe a cm.

I should have 2 red melons and 2 pidgeon blood this weekend, larger than these 3 by a fair bit so hopefully there wont be too many squabbles over who is boss.

The pics haven't been adjusted except for sizing so was surprised at how light the tank looks.........................a lot duller to the naked eye or at least to mine. The fish hang out towards the back till nightime when they come out a lot more, they arent that keen on the tank lights I guess but at night they dont seem to mind them being on.

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.

Larvae
    Beautiful pics, the tank and fish are lovely. I'm glad to hear they are all settled in now. Cheers.

Medium Discus Discus Planetarium's Avatar
    looking good..

Medium Discus
    beautiful looking young red turq and ring leopard in that. Where did you get your fish from???

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Some very good pics of a great looking tank and some beautiful fish.

Cheers
    Dave

Blue Diamond Discus
    The colours look fab. Keep up with lots of good quality feed and lots of water changes and those fish will be beautiful. well done

Just an Egg
    Tx for the nice comments! The fish are from a lfs here, they have a few sources of breeders for their fish now so quality has improved alot. In the case of these guys I think it was a Melbourne breeder.
    Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.