Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just an Egg

Male eating eggs as laid

As the topic says I am watching my pair spawn again and the male is not fertilizing the eggs just following behind very closely and having a feast. AHHHH. Last week they got wrigglers out to free swimming stage but ate them after a water change. Any ideas? thanks

Medium Discus
    :S im really sorry to hear that... Hope its just nerves or jitters and they eventually sort it out.

Just an Egg
    So do I! S

Just an Egg
    it happen , try not to shock them too much "nest" time ,haha it will breed again soon ,now what you can do is feed and condition them.try to cover side of the tank with white paper so the wriggler can get to parent more easily.

Just an Egg

Discus spawning

Thankyou for your reply, I am watching them try again at the moment but female has been having 'dry runs' for about 1/2 hour. Time will tell, she is being extremely persistent, she will end up with a very sore laying tube if she's not careful!
    '

Just an Egg

He's at it again

He is eating the eggs again, first off he was eating them and then doing a fertilization run now his just pushing her out of the way to eat them. I'm worried all this spawning is going to be to much for the female as she spawned on Tuesday. Am I right to be worried. Thankyou, any comments appreciated. S.

Just an Egg
    Only four day second lay, that's quit fast isn't but the male ate it so divide the male till three day that see what happen ,(just suggestion) any way you need to prepare a divider to divide the parent and the egg but still able to fan the egg.

Medium Discus
    Why divide the parents from the eggs? either way they wont survive without constant parental care. Unfortunately the truth is they will either eventually get it right, or not.

Suzanne stop by when you get a chance and are ready for more fish, ill look after you on a proven pair and throw in their fry free! (only for you!)

Didnt realize you were so experienced with breeding Alex? As you mentioned you just got into fish keeping for the first time a couple months ago. GREAT fish in some of your photos, well done! Great to see you dove in head first, good on you! Hope you have fantastic success with them

Just an Egg
    Thanks Adrian I'll try and get in this week.Suzanne

They just need practice give them time