Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blue Diamond Discus
    just out of interest did you retest the ph the day after the driftwood went in.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    hi, been a while since i posted this one! i the cory ended up fine and is still in the holding tank, the hatchet fish survived fine, and everything has been going ok with cycling, i still think my ammonia and nitrate levels are lower than expected, after nearly 4 weeks i'm seeing:

0.5 ammonia (up from 0.25 last week)
    5 Nitratea (up from 2.5 last week)
    and still 0 on nitrites...

all measured in mg/l

does this seem ok ?

Medium Discus
    odd... you should have 0 ammonia, minimal to no nitrite and high but lessening nitrates at this stage of the cycle.

Imagine each stage as a glass, the first pours into the second, and second into the third, the third often never completely empties (but should given the right stock ratio and filtration media) but does for the most part.

...then again there are other factors that can cause things to stop making sense, like foreign matter on your hands, old carbon, a hidden dead fish, fertilisers, certain substrates, UV sterilzers, kids, old nets, medications, the list goes on.

My 2 cents, leave it a couple more weeks without touching anything... all logic says it will come good on its own eventually!