Wrigglers

Condensation in Eheim Jager

hey guys & gal's,

Recently i've noticed some condensation inside my eheim jager, i heard it may pose a threat and the possibility of the heater cracking?

Should i be concerned about condensation inside the heater?

Recently i saw a thread on QLDAF about a poor bloke who lost around 200 fish due to the jagers cracking from condensation inside.

Cheers
    jono
    *Disclaimer:
    If you hav'ent relised by now i can't spell for $H!T

I have some with condensation they are ~ 10 years old the green type it hasn't been a problem on my newer ones I've had 1 fail from corrosion insure the heater and mattzilla has had one fail the same way. I guess the housings are water tight but not air tight as moist airier be entering the units.

Keep an eye on it neither mine nor matt's shattered both just stopped heating

Wrigglers
    ok no worries, i've done some googling and theres mixed response's, some have had it for years with condensation and no problems while others crack within the 1st month of condensation being built up inside.

Guess i'll keep a close eye on it then. have had 3 heaters blow on me in the past, 2 from the same company (one originally blew within the first 1month, got an exchange, left it instorage for a few months before opening the box, 2months in use hear a loud bang.
    Those 2 were orca heaters btw

And both of my resun heaters have alot of condensation inside, one of them has just stopped heating for me
    *Disclaimer:
    If you hav'ent relised by now i can't spell for $H!T

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I have 4 and they are all 5 years old and they all have a little condensation in them.