Thread: Hi from Geelong

Hi from Geelong

Just a quick hello and intro.

Have just recently upgraded my aquarium along with a house move. Thanks to ebay i'm now the owner of a 6 X 2 X 2. It came with so much gear I'd hate to think how much the previos owner spent on it. It has a sump filter of which l know very little about the setting up. Expect a few dumb questions about that. Tanks been setup for about 3 mths now and has about 8 corys, 4 long fin bristle nose (small at moment) school of rummy nose and cardinals, and 10 discus (6 to 10 cm) various colours. Expect pics with dumb questions like whats this one called.

Have kept various fish over the years but this is my first proper attempt at a pretty planted discus tank. coz thats what the boss wants after years of more aggressive fish.

and a pic of the tank at the moment.
    and a pic of my favorite and a dumb question, what type is it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0488.jpg   img_0489.jpg  

Larvae
    Hello and welcome, your tank looks lovely. I'm gonna guess its a snake skin but I'm far from expert so will wait till the experts say what it is and see if I guessed right or not. Sorry that doesn't help much but I'm on a steep learning curve myself. Cheers.

Free Swimmer
    oooo goody! A comp amongst newbies!!

I would have called it a leopard, but what I know about discus could be written on a postage stamp (in 18 point font!).

Love your tank and you've certainly come to the right place for advice on setting up your sump and caring for those discus.

Cheers,
    Scott

Thanks for the welcome, hope l can contribute a little to the site.
    Cheers

Medium Discus Discus Planetarium's Avatar
    welcome to the forum nev,your tank looks good like to see more pics of your discus.

Blue Diamond Discus
    I'll try a lepoard snake skin.