Hi, I'm New Here!

Stocking Opinions.

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently working on setting up a 555ltr Planted Discus Tank and just just chasing some opinions on stocking it. I'm sure all the tank mates are ok with Discus (Or can be) so I'm just after some personal opinions on which route to take and stocking amounts.

At the moment it has:

5 Bristlenose (Plus many (30+) babies to be removed)
    3 Royal Whiptails
    15 Lemon Tetra
    15 Flame Tetra
    4 Rainbowfish (To be removed)

And I'm thinking of adding:

6-8 Discus (No idea on types)
    25 Rummy-Nose Tetra
    10 Emperor Tetra

So I'm wondering is that stocking too high. (I'm thinking it's ok, I have no problem doing regular changes)

Also what are people thoughts on the 4 types of tetras, should I cut the Emperors and get more of the others instead (or remove altogether?) Would it look too randomly thrown together with that many different fish.

I am a fan of schools of fish, so my hope is they form small schools rather being everywhere. Anyone experienced a similar combination together, how did they act?

Any advice or opinion is welcomed.
    Thanks,
    Sepincourt.

Blue Diamond Discus BigDaddyAdo's Avatar
    I would only have 1 or 2 types of tetras and heave more in each school rather than 4 or 5 small schools.

Personally I think that BNs create far too much poo. The are one of my least favourite fish. They also love to rasp on plants.

What filtration are you planning on?

I would go with either 5 or 7 Discus. Schools always look better with an odd amount for some reason.
    I don't get drunk I get AWESOME!!!