Hi, I'm New Here!

Wild discus juvis available ?

Hi all,

with all the different wilds in the forum I wonder whether some of you have nice fry / juvis that you would be interested to part with. IWe are specifically after anything that is in the area of red Alenquers, as well as Royal Blues and / or Tefe Greens (but in principle am open to anything wild, as we just don't like the Asian candy colours ); however, we will not mix different strains, but just keep one in our 950 litre tank to keep it genetically as is. At the moment we are stocking up the tank with tetras, and once we're done with that then the discus can move in.

Anyone having anything interesting to part with ? We live nr. Adelaide and shipping would be done at our expense.

Thank you for letting me know, cheers,

Florian

NB: I still need to improve the lighting, as the fish looks washed out . We currently use 5,000 K T5 fluoros from Bunnings; would it help to ad a few of 8,500 K and / or 10,000 K to the mix, so that the fish begin to sparkle ?

Hi, I'm New Here!

This post is now obsolete, as we have great 'wilds' from AI

Free Swimmer
    I run a mix of 8,500K and 10,000K tubes on my tank FWIW. My fish colours are brilliant

I find the 10,000K gives a "brighter" light, but also run the 8,500K for plants. I believe I should only be running 6,500K for plants but as these tubes are specifically for aquarium plants I thought I would give it a go and am happy thus far.

Cheers,
    Scott

Not sure what specs my lights are - whatever T5HO is. But they don't look washed out.