Hi, I'm New Here!

Body pitting and small craters

My Red melon seems to have pitting on its body which looks like the skin has come off or something eating away at it. The other discus seems fine.
    Any help appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc00020c.jpg   dsc00021c.jpg   img_0102a.jpg  

Blue Diamond Discus
    mmm I'm not quite sure. I can't really see what you are looking at. If are seeing flesh then I would add archiflavine and salt. i have healed some nasty wounds very effectively with that. You could just start with salt and lots of clean water though

Wrigglers
    Water quality issues? What are your tank's readings and has anything changed recently?

Don't assume just because one fish is showing symptoms that the others are 100% ok. Usually the weakest fish will come down with a problem before the others, sort of like an indicator something is wrong. Given enough time you can remedy the situation and it will return to good health assuming it's not suffering from an internal issue that nothing will save it from.

I love my Discus community tank as usually my indicator fish (Black, Cardinal & Rummy Nose Tetras) will give me a clue something isn't right. Lately I've got the overall tank 'system' working really well, it's nice and balanced, with all readings good and the bright healthy colours of the Discus and Tetras are just amazing to behold! E.g. I never thought Rummy Nose tetras could have heads so bright red but when they are happy they certainly do.

So check your water, do some water changes, correct any issues and see how things go.

Cheers!

Greggy