Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi, I'm New Here!

Information on the controller

These look amazing and look like they will go on the investment list...

question tho.. the contoller. Any chance it can either be interfaced to PC or another controller system? I searched but can find very little information beyond just pictures of the controller.

Wrigglers
    There are plans for ad-on's such as Ipod Applications for the Controller in the near future.

I have contacted Maxspect for a response to your question.

The Global release for the "Limited Edition" Silver Mazarra in the first week of July. There after the Mazarra series will be Black as Standard.
    Slippery Little Suckers
    632 Anzac Pde
    Kingsford NSW 2032
    Ph: 02 93155288
    Fx: 02 93155388
    http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
    Closed Wednesday's
    Part of the Aquariums Australia Pty Ltd group.
    Disclaimer: We attempt to provide gender and species as required, however we can not guarantee gender, genetics or species.

Wrigglers

Re: Information on the controller

Quote Originally Posted by JstDecaf
    These look amazing and look like they will go on the investment list...

question tho.. the contoller. Any chance it can either be interfaced to PC or another controller system? I searched but can find very little information beyond just pictures of the controller.
    I received this response from Maxspect this morning:
    We have planned to add a plugin module in the future to allow external
    controllability through iPad, iPhone, and Android, as well as
    connecting to popular aquarium computers like GHL profilux,
    Aquatronic, etc.

But it will not be released until approx Q1 2012
    Slippery Little Suckers
    632 Anzac Pde
    Kingsford NSW 2032
    Closed Wednesday's
    Disclaimer: We attempt to provide gender and species as required, however we can not guarantee gender, genetics or species.

Wrigglers
    Updated Info,

The Mazarra will come with the following configuration of LED bulb's and channel allocation:
    http://www.maxspect.com.au/index.php...d=11&Itemid=15

The count down to arrival will begin shortly!!!
    Slippery Little Suckers
    632 Anzac Pde
    Kingsford NSW 2032
    Closed Wednesday's

Wrigglers
    Modular Mounting System:

Under Hood / Canopy Mounting

Optional Mounting Concepts (extra parts maybe required)

LED's Updated:

Slippery Little Suckers
    632 Anzac Pde
    Kingsford NSW 2032
    Closed Wednesday's

Wrigglers
    Modular Mounting System:

Under Hood / Canopy Mounting

Optional Mounting Concepts (extra parts maybe required)

LED's Updated:

Slippery Little Suckers
    632 Anzac Pde
    Kingsford NSW 2032
    Closed Wednesday's

Medium Discus
    Looks great but would have to sell some limbs to light a 5.5 x 2.5.
    Aaron

LOL i know what you mean Aaron, but if your only 5.5 long and 2.5 wide and wanted freshwater a 4x 60w setup with no optics would be fine. My arrays use epistar/bridgelux chips @700ma just like these and they punch light down to 20 inches deep with no optics (red tiger lotus grows flat!). I get VERY bight levels with a mix of 30 and 60 degree optics down to 2.5 feet deep, plenty for a planted tank.

Concidering it cost me ~$600 in parts and about 200 hours to build a 4x60w array (photos to come soon) you could grab one of these off George with change from $2500 (at intro price + around 500 ish for a 4th module goingof net prices) and have 10x the functionality (rain/cloud cycles, propper dusk dawn effects, dimming capability and aquarium controller intergration) and higher light levels (assuming you you got the XM-L version).

I think these things are very well priced, I couldn't build a light this slick for the money.

Wrigglers
    Heres some pic's of the displays we have in Store:

3Ft ADA Example:

3Ft Marine Tank:
    Slippery Little Suckers
    632 Anzac Pde
    Kingsford NSW 2032
    Closed Wednesday's

Hi, I'm New Here!
    So I thought I would give a quick review on my experiences thus far with this lighting system – I picked them up over a week ago from SLS (thanks George) and I must say I am a convert. It truly is an amazing lighting system.

The frame being so modular with the support frames and connectors allows you to really come up with any configuration to suit your size tank. It can be installed on top of the tank, under the hood (or even to the side of the hood – which is how I have set mine up) or wall mounted. I will get the suspension kit eventually as it will make it easier for me.

The LED modules are solid but not overly weighty from the aluminium chassis on top – the underside housing the optics is plastic. Everything can be dismantled easily via thumbscrew or small slotted screwdriver.
    The Modules easily slide into the Frame supports and can be swivelled to any angle via the ball joint and everything locks back into place via the thumbscrews.

The fans on top of the LED Modules are whisper quite – I have 4 currently installed on my tank (and will be adding a 5th ) but could hardly hear them.

The controller plugs into the modules via a harness system which then connects to the power supply. You can have 1 controller and 2 Modules running off 1 power supply only. It is easy to use and can be mastered in about 10 mins. The wether effects are excellent ranging from Sunny, Cloudy and Rainy. It also has a Dawn/Dusk feature as well.

The lighting is excellent – the plants are responding well to it and the fish appear to be a lot more active. I like the moon effect at night and the transition from Dusk to Dawn setting – very smooth. I have noticed a considerable plant growth occurring now compared to the T5’s I had originally. Heat is at a minimal and is dispersed quite quickly via the aluminium chassis and fans.

I find the LED’s are great with the white and blue spectrums it comes with i.e. the Cree XM-L, Bridgelux and Phillips Lexeons – by tilting the modules at different angles it penetrates all corners of the tank. I will be adding some red shortly as well to the mix. I am currently using the 100 degree Optics on it but the system comes with the 40 and 70 as well so you can mix and match if you desire to fine tune where you want your light concentrated.

Overall I am extremely happy with the lights and would recommend them – pricing was good and being modular you can put it together over time rather than one big hit compared to other brands I have looked at purchasing. The design took a while for me to get used to – but now I absolutely love the look of it – it definitely makes your tank look more high tech....lol

I have taken some pics of everything and some video footage if anyone is interested – rather than posting heaps of pics here you can view them at my photobucket space - apologies for the quality of some as I had to use my IPhone for most of them but you get the idea.

www.photobucket.com/zn31

If you have been holding off going LED for planted tanks - then the time has come as I do believe these are the best from what I have seen. I have also seen a lot of good feeback about them in regards to marine tanks if you have that set-up. Please feel free to ask any questions and I will answer the best I can for you.