Wrigglers

Green Terror with round swollen anal area

G'day

My Green Terror has suddenly developed a 1cm round bulge around its anal area. It is still active and I saw it do a thin red poop. Other than that, there is nothing else protruding out of its anus. See picture below.

Its tummy also looks bloated/stiff.

Is it likely to be anything more than constipation and is there more I should do other than put in some Epsom salt (I tried peas, which were ignored).

cheers
    Tim

If dosed correctly epsom salt should work within a couple of hours. Its hard to see much from that picture and I appreciate it is difficult to get a picture sometimes. Just a question is the fish male or female? Could be egg bound? I would take it out and have agood look at it.

Get 2 cotton tea towels and wet them and ring them out. Place one ontop of a folded towel this is where you will lie the fish, then gently hold the fish with the other wet tea towel and see if there is an obstruction you can gently wipe away then place the fish gently back in the water. I have done this with one female that would get eggs stuck occasioanlly and it worked well although it was a discus.

HTH
    Cheers Kath

Wrigglers
    Hi Kath, it is male and unfortunately, epsom salt hasn't helped at all.

Cheers
    Tim

Just an Egg
    Thin red poop may suggest camallanus worms. Have a good look and make sure they're not these worms.
    I'd stop feeding, raise the temp to max the GT can tolerate, add more oxygen.
    For camallanus check this:
    http://www.inkmkr.com/Fish/CamellanusTreatment.pdf
    ...they may take away our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FISHES!
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d8...Braveheart.jpg

Then I would treat for intestinal flagellates with metronidazole in a qt tank so that less metro is required to treat.
    Cheers Kath