Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Larvae
    its funny how i got an email reply yesterday from TheReefShop saying they are still waiting for the replacement.

I'm assuming they are aware of this posting because its just so convenience after not replying to my emails for over a month,they replied yesterday.

But then nothing has changed, they have said to me before they are still waiting for the pump months ago. Its been 4 months now.

Blue Diamond Discus
    Consumer law is That you have the right to a refund on a faulty item. I know this because I have a retail shop and I have to keep up with consumer laws. As far as still waiting for the new pump, sometimes it does take suppliers a loooong time to get stock in, but this does look to be someone being a little lazy. I would reply to the email saying you have waited too long and now you would like a refund as you are entitled to it, unless they can get the new pump to you in the next week or two.

Just an Egg
    That's really disappointing to hear. I just brought an auto eheim feeder from them and as well as having the best price by a long shot it was at my door within two days. They were great on the email as well...

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I would not recommend the reef shop. I had a similar experience. I sent back a moonlight I ordered which they agreed to refund me but never did. I sent repeated emails with no response until they finally replied saying that they had not recieved it yet after 2 months. I contacted Asutralia Post and they do not have the parcel but thereefshop is still claiming they are waiting for it (is this an accusation that I never sent it?).

Anyway I will never deal with them again.

Just an Egg

Buying online?

Is good that to see this add before buying from this shop!

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I have no problem with them. Even claim on a Jager heater that dont heat anymore under warranty and they came back to me ok.

I did email them and they do come back to me.

Blue Diamond Discus BigDaddyAdo's Avatar
    I have never had a problems with them. they are one of my preferred online stores to deal with.
    I don't get drunk I get AWESOME!!!

Blue Diamond Discus BigDaddyAdo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrad
    I would not recommend the reef shop. I had a similar experience. I sent back a moonlight I ordered which they agreed to refund me but never did. I sent repeated emails with no response until they finally replied saying that they had not recieved it yet after 2 months. I contacted Asutralia Post and they do not have the parcel but thereefshop is still claiming they are waiting for it (is this an accusation that I never sent it?).

More likely AusPost lost the parcel then the guys at Reef Shop are lying about it. Do you have any proof that you sent it?
    I don't get drunk I get AWESOME!!!

Hi, I'm New Here!
    More likely AusPost lost the parcel then the guys at Reef Shop are lying about it. Do you have any proof that you sent it?
    This may be true and I admit I'm probably wrong in accusing them like this but it has been their commuication over the last few months that has annoyed me. I'm not saying they are lying because I don't believe they are trying to straight out rip me off I just think they can be a little slack with service. They don't respond to emails and when they did it was just "we are still waiting for it", like perphaps I hadn't sent it. It seemed like they just didn't care.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrad

\

Sorry to bring this thread back up but I would like to say I had exactly the same experience...

I had trouble getting through to them and was eventually told to send the product back, I did so with registered post and sent a letter with it containing all details. I confirmed with auspost that it was received and then for 3 months heard nothing.. Sadly in the meantime I misplaced the registered post number and like you he is now claiming he never received the product... well that is a few hundred dollars gone..

The business is great in that they send stuff out quickly and are cheap, but there r2+ally is no way to call them, email can be unreliable, and I have found many people having problems like this with warranty.