Larvae

Babies are nearly 3 weeks

About a week ago I had to move the mother out as she was gradually eating them a few a day. I only have 8 left now. I was worried about taking her out as I am at uni all day and so they would not get fed. I also could not hatch the decapsulated BS eggs.
    So in desperation I started to add the decapsulated BS eggs, to the tank, I turned the filter off for ten minutes, so they would sink to the bottom. The babies spent all day grazing on the eggs, when I come home I clean the bottom and put fresh eggs in. They seem to be growing well, they are nearly the size of a five cent piece ( about 20 days free swimming)
    This way of feeding them is so easy, at night I give them beef heart and flake food before I clean them out but all day its just the eggs. Is there a problem with feeding them this way?

The only problem I see is that you are adding salt to the tank each time you add the unhatched eggs. However, as you do your waterchanges, that will be solving that problem. So, if it's working for you, I don't see any reason to change things.

So long as they are growing well, and the water remains clean, everything will be fine.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Larvae
    G'Day Kaza, What uni you going to and what you studying. I am doing Architecture at Adelaide Uni.

Larvae
    Hi I go to Flinders and I am doing Speech pathology
    You are not far up the road from me, I live at Morphett Vale so does my sister Leanne31. What discus do you keep?

Just an Egg
    Wow speech pathology? I've never meet a speech pathologist before. If I need someone to analyse problems with my speech your the one to call?

Russel

Larvae
    Hey I am better at communicating with Discus , you just have to be patient and pay no attention if they stutter. I am thinking of setting up practice as the only speech pathologist for Discus in Australia. Should have lots of business.