Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Birds

Do you have a flight cage for it?

Have a look around you can get bird leashes so you can take it outside with you. Also bird diapers are handy if its an inside bird.

I don't know what MM's are like but my scaley was a projectile splatterer...

Larvae
    Birds (insert shudder here)

The most scariest thing on this planet!

Larvae
    I keep various parrots, if anyone in brisbane has one for sale PM me please.

Quote Originally Posted by mitsui
    Birds (insert shudder here)

The most scariest thing on this planet!
    What?

You've had a bad experience I guess?

Any pics of the beautiful girl?

for those of you not familiar with a Major Mitchel here is a photo

Wrigglers
    Hi Pfeff,

I am sure that she hasn't been taken illegally but bird smugglers do still operate throughout Australia and as you will be aware with the cost of this girl, it is quite a lucrative trade.

The Major Mitchells are now quite rare and in 15 years in the Territory where you are "most" likely to see them in the wild, I have seen only 6. One of these was at a nesting site, three at a water hole 100 km out of town, and, surprisingly, a pair at the side of the road leading into Simpson's Gap about 25 km out of town.

They are my favourite cockatoo, enjoy.

Regards,

Bob

I use to have an albino Cockateil .He was my little buddy he use to Whistle the song La cucaracha while he was having a shower .He was Very Funny little fella .

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBruce
    Hi Pfeff,

I am sure that she hasn't been taken illegally but bird smugglers do still operate throughout Australia and as you will be aware with the cost of this girl, it is quite a lucrative trade.
    Not sure where the bit about bird smuggling came from, BigDaddyAdo seems to be doing things by the book by getting the correct class 1 license to keep such a bird.

I am aware of the black market bird trade and if you frequent places like petlink you often see ads posted about stolen blue/gold macaws (up to 5k per bird) etc.

I've seen some major mitchels in the wild in qld but yes they are rare.

What I find facinating is that here in sydney (on botany bay) there is a resident flock of Sulpher Crested Cockatoos but there are about 6 yellow tailed black cockatoos that flock with them. I've see what I think is the same 6 black cockies with this large flock of sulphers for about 3-4yrs now.