Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for change

Time for change

Maybe some of you, my friends have noticed that I have not been around much lately, maybe not But I have made the decision to give my beautiful fish hobby a rest for a while, maybe for good here. I have shut down my system, sold all my fish, albino discus, wild Scalre angels and my pairs of breeding Sterbai. The tanks are drained, pipework all thrown in the skip and tanks and RO system sold.

I have been keeping discus for the last 20+ years so it has not been easy to say goodbye to them, but the time had come.

To all my friends here on the forum, I wish to thank you for the interaction we have shared, sometimes argumentative , sometimes fun , sometimes encouraging and sometimes to consol and sometimes just to take the mick But I always tried to put the fish first, that is why we are all here.

I have never met any of you guys as I am on the other side of the planet, but I have enjoyed the banter we all shared, and feel like I know some of you well.

My reasons for my absence is because my life is changing, different priorities, evolving, taking me to places I only dreamed of. My fish started to become secondary and I could not give them the dedication they deserved. I am in fact moving within the next year to the far east, to the Philippines. I have a house and farm there, and next month I will marry my fiancee. So, giving it all up for love... I hear you say.... am I crazy?? no, it's just sometimes you have to have a break. I am going to the Philippines for 5 weeks next month so leaving others to look after the system was not on the cards. I do hope one day to have more tanks when i get settled again, possibly collecting native fish from the beautiful rivers that run near my new home.

So, I will try to drop in every now and then to see how you guys are getting on.

thanks for everything.

Steve
    Why me ?

That's a real shame Steve. I for one have learnt many lessons from reading your input and have often marvelled at your collection of fish.
    I wish you all the best for your move and upcoming wedding and look forward to seeing here again.
    You better than most know how amazing the Discus are in Asia, so hopefully the bug will bite again and we'll see you back here.
    Thanks for your input to this forum mate, you'll be missed here

Tiny Fry
    That sucks. Had some fun. Will miss your hardcore drilling of fish keepers.

Medium Discus
    Best of luck Steve... PS The things we do for our lady friends?????
    .....Keep fit guys....get the bicycle out.....Jim

have fun and be nice to each other

Larvae
    Congradulations on getting engaged! Hope your enjoy the next stepping stone in life, and your new country! At least it will be a change from the snowy weather of the uk

Wrigglers
    Hi Steve,

Firstly congratulations and very good luck with the future "partnership". The Philipines have always been one of my favourite places to visit, beautiful people and beautiful country.

Secondly, Australia is just a hop away by comparison to where you were and ther are plenty of "Discus" merchants if the bug should bite again.

Thirdly, thank you for the time and information you have shared with us.

Good Luck,

Bob

Just an Egg

steve

steve,

Thanks for all your help! I hope you have a great life. You never know you might end up catching the bug again...lol :P

dont worry Steve, you'll be back

Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSN
    dont worry Steve, you'll be back
    In one way or another I am sure my friend.

Thanks guys for your kind words
    Steve
    Why me ?

Blue Diamond Discus BigDaddyAdo's Avatar
    you will be missed mate.
    I don't get drunk I get AWESOME!!!