Thread: A.paucisquamis

Medium Discus

A.paucisquamis

things seem to be pretty quiet here and I've been busy. Too busy to mention all the spawns taking place let alone trying to gather photographical evidence but....I've made an effort to make a post seen below.

Apistogramma paucisquamis has been on my Apisto Wish-List for quite some time and recently this specie became available through Fish Chicks. I have had them housed for a couple of weeks now with a few cardinal tetras but they're still somewhat reclusive. The tank is pretty full of stuff making opportunities to see them quite a time consuming task. I have managed however to quickly snap this (not so wonderful) image which shows the fine form of the male.

They were very small when they arrived and Jodi-Lea has done a remarkable job of gendering these tiny specimens and I now have two pair roaming about in their new home.

take care
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a.paucisquamis.jpg  

Wrigglers
    That fish makes me want to start again... another 12 months when we're in the new place and bubs is bigger. Gorgeous Hassles - you lucky man! Save me a pair when you get them breeding.
    A. trifasciata, A. cacatuoides (Orange Flash), A. bitaeniata, M. ramirezi, too many Discus, a husband and a few kids :P

Medium Discus
    Quote Originally Posted by kristina
    That fish makes me want to start again... another 12 months when we're in the new place and bubs is bigger. Gorgeous Hassles - you lucky man! Save me a pair when you get them breeding.
    No worries Kristina. Consider this - the fish pictured above is about 50mm (2 inches) in length and already extremely handsome. I am not aware of this specie being available previously so I leapt at the opportunity to get some. I have them housed with a couple of Dicrossus Filamentosis and a few Cardinal tetras, soft water, sand substrate and heaps of driftwood, lots of plants, a nice hole-ridden rock and a couple of small ceramic D-caves.

Wrigglers
    Oh yeah - the filamentosus!! Take some pics if possible of those beauties, the apistogrammoides too pretty pretty please!
    A. trifasciata, A. cacatuoides (Orange Flash), A. bitaeniata, M. ramirezi, too many Discus, a husband and a few kids :P

Medium Discus
    Quote Originally Posted by kristina
    Well Kristina, ya' ain't gonna' have ta' wait long - the fry emerged today )