Thread: Babby pepps

Babby pepps

Hi everyone i was cleaning my discus tank today and i found about 20 or so baby pepps they are nearly 1cm in size. Just wondering about how old would they be at this size .

just left the cave so ~2 weeks old. if you look at the belly you'll most likely see its still a little yellow.

your discus are going to love munching on them (they'll hunt them down at night as the baby peps just start to come out after ligtls off).

try feeding zeuchini about 1 hour after lights out and removing it in the morning bout 1/2 an hour before the lights come on also if you can add a bit of drift wood with lots of nooks and crannys for the babys to hide in you'll maximise their chances of survival.

Hey Illusn thanks for the advice .Do you heat the zuccini to make it a little softer or just put bits in uncooked.
    There is plenty of drift wood in the tank but right now they are hiding under a box filter that i put crushed shell grit in .Where they a hiding the disus cant access to easily so hopefuly a couple will live .

just chuck it in raw, sink it with a rubber band and a teaspoon, make sure you remove it before lights come on so the fry go back into hiding before the discus wake up.

Will do thanks again