Just an Egg

black glass sand

hi there,
    iv got black sand in my discus tank and it looks great but i need more i have been looking and found a new sand on the market called black glass sand,aqua one use it and a few other aquarium traders but i would like to know if it wood be alright for discus and plants ?
    what do you think and does anyone have it in theres.

SnakeSkin Discus
    If it's an aqua one gravel it will be fine for discus tanks (Though I recommend using no gravel if your growing up young discus), it won't however likely be good for heavily planted tanks without the use of fertilizers or some type of other gravel underneath. It will suffice for some of the hardy plant species.

As M2 stated, depending on the type of plants you intend to keep any sand will require the addition of fertilisers to keep heavy feeder plants sustained.

Have you considered the use of a plant substrate like Up Aqua soil, ADA or Eco-complete? Apart from establishing excellent conditions for heavily planted tanks, many actually buffer your water to a slighty acidic level so reduce your need to adjust your water as well as not requiring to be gravel syphoned like regular gravel, thereby reducing your overall maintenance.

Just an Egg

black glass sand

thanks for that were would i get it from and do you know a price that i would be looking at.