Hi, I'm New Here!

Annoyed Mother - what do I do?

Hi,

Our discus have sucessfully bred in a two foot tank and the fry started feeding off the parents on the 6th of January. Thing is both parents, especially the mother is getting very annoyed and zooming around the tank wanting out. The parents get annoyed with each other too.... Could this be related to water quality or not enough food?

Is it a good idea to remove the mother and just leave the father who seems to do most of the feeding!?

Help!

Remove the mother.

The father will be quite capable of raising the whole batch on his own with the help of newly hatched brine shrimp offered to the fry three times a day.

Make sure the tank water is pristine by doing two 50% water changes each day.

What have you been feeding the parents?
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I read in a book that I can use a divider to separate the parents which I have done and they appear to be sharing the load.

I usually feed frozen blood worms, beef heart and flakes. I have noticed that the male is a bit bloated. I read on another thread that excessive amounts of frozen blood worms can cause this?!

Thanks...