Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Just an Egg
    I LOVE IT!!! You did a great job. I just started my first salt water tank two days ago. Its just a small nano cube tank. So all I will be able to have is like a pair of clowns, a shrimp and maybe a goby or blenny of some kind and of course some coral. I can't wait!

Just an Egg
    This is singly the most spectacular looking fish tank i have ever seen mate. Absolutely amazing work and it's such a credit to you. One day ill upgrade from my little 2ft reef and to something like this. Well done and make sure you keep us all up to date with it!
    Make sure you do your reading!
    I know its helped me!

Wrigglers

SLS - HUGE REEF Tank!! - **Re-Birth 13/3/2012**

Well, its been a few years. Inspiration was lost due to work, family, etc - but fire has sparked again.

I changed over to Maxspect LED Lighting Systems about 5mths ago and feel re-invigorated to start tuning this baby up again.

Heres where im at right now:

So 5mths ago, the Sfiligoi 3x 400w HQI + 8x39w T5 Light that was slowly killing my wallet, and was decommissioned.

100kg of rock was removed - thanks to a few mates who spent the better part of 2 nights helping me re-scape this beast.

The plan now is to connect a Bio=Pellet filter, start using some pretty little blue bottle and change those polario's over to some sweet little controllable Tunze pumps.

Hmm, I might have to start collecting more SPS again.

Stay tuned for more updates!!
    Slippery Little Suckers
    632 Anzac Pde
    Kingsford NSW 2032
    Ph: 02 93155288
    Fx: 02 93155388
    http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
    Closed Wednesday's
    Part of the Aquariums Australia Pty Ltd group.
    Disclaimer: We attempt to provide gender and species as required, however we can not guarantee gender, genetics or species.

Love your work George. What optics are you using on the maxspect? 60 degrees? Great coverage from 7 units (420w total?)

Wrigglers
    Thanks Jothy,

Im using the 100 Degree optics, and yes 420w in total over 7x modules.

I could use narrower optics, but im happy with the spread and intensity of the 100's. As many LED units are RAW LED's, the spread from those is 120degree's.

The End shot illustrates the over all iluminous output (and the pic was taken later in the evening when the lights were not at FULL Output).

The only thing the camera can't pic up is the "Shimmering Effect" usually seen with halides.

Thanks agin.
    Slippery Little Suckers
    632 Anzac Pde
    Kingsford NSW 2032
    Ph: 02 93155288
    Fx: 02 93155388
    http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
    Closed Wednesday's
    Part of the Aquariums Australia Pty Ltd group.
    Disclaimer: We attempt to provide gender and species as required, however we can not guarantee gender, genetics or species.

just found this page ...wow

you make me want to get back into marines again~

stunnning!!