Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wrigglers
    Date: 9th June 2009

A few more Pic's.

This SPS Coral is an amazing Fluro Green under Actinics:

Continual daily dosing of Brightwell Bio-Fuel and Aquasonic Pro-Bac 10ml each.

Phosphates 0
    Nitrates 0
    Calcium 400
    Alkalinity 3meq - kH 9
    Magnessium 1350

Coraline Algae going nutz!! Im ready to add more coral.

Wrigglers
    Date: 17th June 2009

Another 60Kg of Live Rock - Aqua-Scapeing Branching Rock has been dumped on the left hand side for now.

Another 20pc's of Acro, several Tubistrea's, Ricordia's, and more have just been added last night.

Heres some pics, ENJOY!!

Wrigglers
    Date: 14th July 2009

I'll be fragging alot from this tank very soon...

Besides the Foxface, Flame Hawk, Bi-Colour Blennie's, and BristleTooth Tang (Tomini) Plans for other fish are unknown at this stage... So many wonderful species to choose from. I definately want small Coral Gobies - Yellow, Green, Orange and Blue. Also open to suggestion.

I will post some pics soon to show the growth rate of the first Acro's. Approx 2cm of growth in less then 3mths. sup:

I got some frags from Greg at Eco Coral Farm's. All the rest of the coral is wild caught.

I have taken a bit of a back seat for this tank since the Ca Reactor was turned on. The Mg, Ca, and Alk are staying very stable!!

Still no water changes since day 1.

Addition of Brightwell Bio-Fuel and AquaSonic Pro-Bac every other day. SeaChem Aqua-Vitro Fuel for Coral feeding and addition of Viberance for Iodine. Full range of tests will be conducted tomorrow to see where everything is at.

The Dosing pump for the AquaMedic Nitrate reductor has given me some trouble. Its not sealing properly. When it comes to a stop, the flow continues, making the automation of control via the mV probe difficult.

Otherwise, very happy with the proformance so far!! And the results.

Wrigglers
    Date: 1st Aug 2009

Heres some of the comparitive pic's to show growth of the Acro's and more... Some of these corals have grown over 3cm+ in 3mths.

Before

After

Wrigglers
    Date: 19th Sept 2009

A few NEW recent addittions.... Enjoy.

Finally got a few pc's of Montipora capricornis

I did experience a few problems after the accidental freshwater flush... The Top-up dosing pump was making some vibration noise whilst operating, so it was turned off. I went away for a week and asked someone to keep an eye on things for me. The sump required topping up, which was conducted manually from the resevoir. Unfortunately, the solenoid for the RO unit was still plugged in, which ment over 300Ltrs of fresh RO water was flushed through the system dropping the salinity from 35ppt down to 21ppt.

I slowly raised the salinity back up over 4-5days by adding RedSea Coral Pro salt to the sump. SHortly after, I experienced my first coral bleaching in this Aquarium. I lost about 4pc's of acro which looked like RTN. Very fast colour loss followed by instant death.

I stabilised the parameters, and the bleaching/RTN stopped after approx 3days.

Just last week, I started to get some more very isolated bleaching on about 3pc's of acro.

Whats strange is, on one hand the acro is growing and colour intensifying. On the other, I have some bleaching and colour loss. Some of the milli's have lost their beautiful colour, looking more orange/brown then green/orange.

I need to get my K - Potassium tested to know exactly what the parameter is. I have dosed with 150ml of Brightwell Potassion for the past 4days, and am noticing some colour returning, and the bleaching has stopped.

Still great proformance from the Aquarium, and im very happy with the progress other then the mis-hap.. These things happen, what can you do??

Wrigglers
    Date: 15th Dec 2009

Thought I would share some more pics of my Reef Aquarium:
    Coral Frags:

Assorted Coral:

Hammerhead:

Acan:

Tommeni Tang:

Clown:

Bi-Colour Blenny:

Blue Tang:

More Coral and Tank Shots!!!

love it and people say I'm crazy, well done

Just stunning George. A fantastic project, and the end results speak for themselves :P
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Larvae
    makes me want to go back to marine hmmm i have a spare 6fter

Medium Discus
    OMG. Brilliant.

Thanks for sharing!
    Aaron